Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

In terms of setlists, if "Aces High" and "Revelations" are close to the answer, then I would say "2 Minutes To Midnight"... though I don't really know why. :D (EDIT: or maybe because, at their own levels, Maya the Bee and William Wallace are also freedom fighters involved in "civil wars"... then again, if we are to consider all Maiden songs related to war... :facepalm: ) Anyway, as they say, "Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain".

Last edited:
I also thought of flying because of Bruce being a pilot, Maya being able to fly on the virtue of being a bee, Link being able to ride Loftwings and fly in Skyward Sword. You said Revelations was close, so my thought is Flight Of Icarus.
No Flight Of Icarus, so not as close as Aces High is from the mystery song. ;)

In terms of setlists, if "Aces High" and "Revelations" are close to the answer, then I would say "2 Minutes To Midnight"... though I don't really know why. :D (EDIT: or maybe because, at their own levels, Maya the Bee and William Wallace are also freedom fighters involved in "civil wars"... then again, if we are to consider all Maiden songs related to war... :facepalm: ) Anyway, as they say, "Go to war again, blood is freedom's stain".
You're closer to the answer than @Vaenyr this time, but still not as close as Aces High. ;)

Clue #1 :

View attachment 24878

Clue #2 :

View attachment 24885

Extra-clue #2 :
Something Bruce Dickinson and Timo Kotipelto have in common...

Clue #3 :

Another thing that Bruce Dickinson, Timo Kotipelto and someone else have in common...

View attachment 24893

Extra-clue #3 :

Something that Iron Maiden has in common with Zelda and Maya the bee...

Clue #4 :
Something that William Wallace and Iron Maiden have in common with another german prog rock band...

Clue #5 :

Something that Steve Harris has in common with gods of greek mythology...

Incorrect guesses : Dance Of Death /// Women In Uniform /// The Angel And The Gambler /// Rainmaker /// When Two Worlds Collide /// The Duellists /// Revelations /// The Prisoner /// Aces High /// Flight Of Icarus /// 2 Minutes To Midnight ///

Last edited:
THE EXPLANATION OF CLUES.

Clue #1 :

View attachment 24878

Clue #2 :

View attachment 24885

Extra-clue #2 :

Clue #3 :

Another thing that Bruce Dickinson, Timo Kotipelto and someone else have in common...

View attachment 24893

Extra-clue #3 :

Clue #4 :

Something that William Wallace and Iron Maiden have in common with another german prog rock band...

Clue #5 :

Clue #6 :

20220710_113458.png

Incorrect guesses :
Dance Of Death /// Women In Uniform /// The Angel And The Gambler /// Rainmaker /// When Two Worlds Collide /// The Duellists /// Revelations /// The Prisoner /// Aces High /// Flight Of Icarus /// 2 Minutes To Midnight /// Heaven Can Wait /// Sun And Steel ///

Last edited:
THE EXPLANATION OF CLUES.

Clue #1 : Refers to the verse "I will take ten steps to see."

View attachment 24878

Clue #2 : Refers to the verse "Forty leaves I pay for freedom." There are 40 leaves in the picture.

View attachment 24885

Extra-clue #2 : The thing that Bruce Dickinson and Timo Kotipelto have in common is the verse "Sick and lonely, waiting for the dawn." Bruce is singing this verse in the song King Of Twilight, Nektar's cover, while Timo Kotipelto has both an album and a song called Waiting For The Dawn.

Clue #3 : The other thing that Bruce and Timo have in common is the fact that they began their musical career playing drums. Like the "someone else" in my clue that is Nicko McBrain, who introduces King Of Twilight song...

View attachment 24893

Extra-clue #3 : The thing that Maiden has in common with Zelda is Zant a.k.a. King Of Twilight, a super villain in videogame. And the thing that Maiden has in common with Maya the bee is nectar (or Nektar).

Clue #4 : The thing that William Wallace has in common with Iron Maiden is freedom in the Clansman. A thing that the german prog rock band from Hamburg called Nektar is sharing with the previous guy and band as the refrain in King Of Twilight is talking about freedom ("For a chance to be free").

Clue #5 : The thing that Steve has in common with gods of greek mythology is his love for Nektar.

Clue #6 : Another link to a King Of Twilight verse ("we all need a quick solution").

View attachment 24903

Incorrect guesses :
Dance Of Death /// Women In Uniform /// The Angel And The Gambler /// Rainmaker /// When Two Worlds Collide /// The Duellists /// Revelations /// The Prisoner /// Aces High /// Flight Of Icarus /// 2 Minutes To Midnight /// Heaven Can Wait /// Sun And Steel /// Quest For Fire ///

Man, I really need to listen to more of the covers and B sides. I'm mostly familiar with Juanita, Reach Out, Kill me ce soir, some of the live tracks (NPFTD and TXF songs) and the TXF bonus tracks. Doesn't help that I'm not a big fan of a lot of the songs they chose to cover lol

Anyway: The Assassin :D

Back