Clue #4: Purple cloak

Clue #5:
View attachment 38062

Clue #6: June 8 and 9th, 2012, Hard Rock Cafe

Clue #7: Comin' out of nowhere/ Drivin' like rain

Clue #8:
1722690542029.webp

Clue #9: 1224 times.

Incorrect guesses: Hallowed Be Thy Name/ Heaven Can Wait/ Moonchild/ Can I Play With Madness/ If Eternity Should Fail/ Brave New World/ The Clairvoyant/ Dance of Death/ Paschendale/ The Red and the Black/ The Prisoner/ The Fugitive/ Running Free/ Childhood's End/ Children of the Damned/ The Writing On The Wall/ Sign of the Cross

Last edited:
Wrathchild ?
Ding! Ding! Ding!

Clue #1:
1722185840488.webp

< a visualisation of the role of "Wrathchild" in the setlist since, say, 1986: whenever a song is too complicated to put together live but there is still a slot to fill, "Wrathchild" is THE dependable song.

Clue #2: Accident of birth
< "My mother was a queen, my dad I've never seen < I was never meant to be" // These lyrics evoke a birth that was not planned.

Clue #3: Silly Powerslave
< "I know I've got to find some serious piece of mind" (sic from the AZLyrics website) :facepalm:

Clue #4: Purple cloak
< the song first appeared on the compilation Metal for Muthas (vol 1.), on the cover of which the knight is wearing a purple cloak:
1722700674139.jpeg

Clue #5:
View attachment 38062
< Lenny Kravitz and Slash collaborated on the song "Always on the Run", a title that echoes the last verse of "Wrathchild":
"Say it doesn't matter, ain't nothin' gonna alter
The course of my destination
I know I've got to find some serious piece of mind
Or I know I'll just go crazy
But now I spend my time looking all around
For a man that's nowhere to be found
Until I find him, I'm never gonna stop searching
I'm gonna find my man, gonna travel around"

Clue #6: June 8 and 9th, 2012, Hard Rock Cafe
< the dates when Rising West (then Queensrÿche + Todd LaTorre) played their two gigs in Seattle, which consisted in old Queensrÿche songs and a cover: "Wrathchild".

Clue #7: Comin' out of nowhere/ Drivin' like rain
< the opening lines from Deep Purple's "Stormbringer", which is clearly an inspiration for the song, especially in the early days when "Wrathchild" was played more slowly.

Clue #8:
View attachment 38085
< Queen Elizabeth 2nd's four children at her funeral // "My mother was a queen"

Clue #9: 1224 times.
< according to setlist.fm, this is how many times Maiden has played "Wrathchild" live so far.

Congratulations @TheMercenary! It's your turn. :)

Last edited:
Back