Guess The Iron Maiden Song!

THE EXPLANATION OF CLUES :

Clue #1 : "Like a man without a home."

Modern times Diogene...

Clue #2 : "Watching people come and go." linked with David Guetta's song intitled "People Come, People Go".

David Guetta is now involved...

Clue #3 : "And I'm feeling so alone again."

A solitary night at the bar, drinking some whisky between 1 and 3 a.m.

Clue #4 : "Free the angry from their pain."

Wrathchild can be freed from it...

Clue #5 : "Free the captives from their chains."

Slaves will regain their power...

Clue #6 : "Nothing good can come their way again."

Something wicked this way comes...

Clue #7 : "Living in a world of lies."

No more lies ? Really ?

Extra-Clue #7 : This song has been written by Steve Harris (the bassist) and Dave Murray (the guitarist).

Explicit clue indicates that the song to guess has been written by one guitarist only (+ the bassist), and it's a blond one...

Clue #8 : "Living life without a dream today."

Infinite dreams, I can't live without them today...

Extra-clue #8 : Obvious clue...

Each clue refers to a verse of the song to guess...

Clue #9 : "That we believe an elusive cloud."

Can he trust a celestial impalpable cottony vapor ?

Incorrect guesses : Educated Fool /// The Clairvoyant /// Innocent Exile /// Age of Innocence /// From Here To Eternity /// Blood Brothers /// Out Of The Shadows /// The Time Machine /// 2 a.m. /// Juanita /// When Two Worlds Collide /// Still Life /// Shadows of the Valley /// Wasted Years /// Iron Maiden /// Purgatory /// Fear Is The Key /// Charlotte The Harlot /// Rime Of The Ancient Mariner ///

Can't come up with anything right now, so anyone who's up for it can take my turn
Alright, since there are no takers yet, I'll start one off the cuff and we'll se how it develops from here:

Clue 1: In this song's lyrics, you'll find the name of a geographical place of interest related to Maiden's early history.

Clue 1: In this song's lyrics, you'll find the name of a geographical place of interest related to Maiden's early history.

Clue 2: The song lyrics name a device which should make you think of another significant place from Maiden's past. The song also gives you directions to this place.

Butchered remains: Murders in the Rue Morgue, 22 Acacia Avenue, Iron Maiden

Ghost of the Navigator (which mentions a "compass" if I'm not mistaken)

...or it's "The Driving School Instructor". You know:
Turn left, turn right
Turn left, turn right
Put the car in reverse
In this hostile universe
Turn left, turn riiiiiiiiight

... and so on

Last edited:
Ghost of the Navigator is correct. @Black Bart got this one, your turn.

Clues explained:

"Bow", which is also a neighbourhood in London's east end. Maiden used to rehearse at Scarf Studios in 24 Furze Street. Thunderstick's rehearsal tape was recorded there, and the band also rehearsed there after Paul Di'Anno joined.

Clue 2: The song lyrics name a device which should make you think of another significant place from Maiden's past. The song also gives you directions to this place.

I like the horse/cart & horses suggestion, but no: the device is a compass. The place is Compass Point studios, Bahamas, of course. The song gives us the direction there as well: West.

Back