Clue #1: It feels good when you know you're down

Clue #2:
81HNBx8PeUL._SX355_.jpg

Clue #3: not dark

Clue #4: Flesh and blood

Clue #5: The Beast On The Road, US tour 1982

Clue #6: of little interest till 1985

Clue #7: "I love the smell of napalm in the morning"... or at another time
(PS the song we're looking for is not "The Edge of Darkness")

Clue #8: this song has never been played live

Clue #9:
The_Pack0833-300x200.jpg

Clue #10:
sad-little-girls-in-a-cage.jpg

Clue #11:
cc64ca390f0f75a97da98692fe53198a5c-endings-godfather-part-3-rewritten-lede.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Clue #12:
This song features a guitar accessory that would only be heard again (at least as clearly) 18 years later.

Incorrect guesses: Alexander The Great/ No More Lies/ Virus/ Hooks In You/ Lord of Light/ The Evil That Men Do/ Dance of Death/ From Here To Eternity/ 22 Acacia Avenue/ Charlotte The Harlot/ Weekend Warrior/ Sanctuary/ Prowler/ The Edge of Darkness/ The Number of the Beast/ 2 Minutes To Midnight/ Brighter Than A Thousand Suns/ Invaders/ Gangland/ Childhood's End/ Running Free

Clue #2:
81HNBx8PeUL._SX355_.jpg

Clue #9:
The_Pack0833-300x200.jpg

Clue #10:

Clue #11:
cc64ca390f0f75a97da98692fe53198a5c-endings-godfather-part-3-rewritten-lede.2x.rsocial.w600.jpg

Clue #12:
This song features a guitar accessory that would only be heard again (at least as clearly) 18 years later.

Clue #13:
This song, not unique as regards the credits on the album, is sometimes said to resemble the title-track of a reunion album by a very influential band in whose family tree one of the co-writers of this song appears.

Incorrect guesses: Alexander The Great/ No More Lies/ Virus/ Hooks In You/ Lord of Light/ The Evil That Men Do/ Dance of Death/ From Here To Eternity/ 22 Acacia Avenue/ Charlotte The Harlot/ Weekend Warrior/ Sanctuary/ Prowler/ The Edge of Darkness/ The Number of the Beast/ 2 Minutes To Midnight/ Brighter Than A Thousand Suns/ Invaders/ Gangland/ Childhood's End/ Running Free/ Women In Uniform/ Paschendale

Clue #2:
81HNBx8PeUL._SX355_.jpg

Clue #9:
The_Pack0833-300x200.jpg

Clue #10:

Clue #11:

Clue #12:

Clue #13:
This song, not unique as regards the credits on the album, is sometimes said to resemble the title-track of a reunion album by a very influential band in whose family tree one of the co-writers of this song appears.

Incorrect guesses: Alexander The Great/ No More Lies/ Virus/ Hooks In You/ Lord of Light/ The Evil That Men Do/ Dance of Death/ From Here To Eternity/ 22 Acacia Avenue/ Charlotte The Harlot/ Weekend Warrior/ Sanctuary/ Prowler/ The Edge of Darkness/ The Number of the Beast/ 2 Minutes To Midnight/ Brighter Than A Thousand Suns/ Invaders/ Gangland/ Childhood's End/ Running Free/ Women In Uniform/ Paschendale
Fear is the key?

Congratulations @Jmaster ! :)

And I thought I had made it too easy (see clues 2, 3 and 4) :D

< a line from MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" // "in the heat of the night I scream "Don't touch!" "

Clue #2:
81HNBx8PeUL._SX355_.jpg

< "Fear is the Key" is a song about AIDS and the fact that unprotected sex with strangers is not safe any more (rough chronology: AIDS appeared around 1981 but for years, it was vastly considered as a disease concerning only homosexuals and drug-addicts. After Freddie Mercury died from it (Nov 1991), an effort of communication was made at a global scale and things have gradually improved since then, though this disease still kills today. // "sex, sex, sex" on the cover and, obviously, "And it was just lies and lies and lies"

< the "other song" about fear on the album, not of the dark this time. ;)

< the ways AIDS can be transmitted.

< Bruce and Adrian, at least, have said in interviews how during their first American tour with Maiden, they had indulged in casual sex with groupies their fair share (see the "girl in a cast" anecdote).

< the year one of the first celebrities died from AIDS (in this case, the actor Rock Hudson) // "And nobody cares 'til somebody famous dies"

< "In the heat of the night... bodies aflame"

< self-explanatory

Clue #9:

The_Pack0833-300x200.jpg

< this is a still from the Buffy episode "The Pack" (Season 1) = some students from Sunnydale High (including Xander) are cursed and infected
with the souls of hyenas - causing them to be particularly mean (which includes eating the principal! :D ). During a dodge-ball game, Buffy finds
herself the last one to face their team... // "You're outnumbered by the bastards"

Clue #10:

< "the kids have lost their freedom"

Clue #11:

< "I hear your silent cries" (see scene)

Clue #12:
< the bottleneck is rare on Maiden songs, the other time I can think of is during the solo of "The Man Who Would Be King", dated 2010 (on the Final Frontier).

Clue #13:
< I am referring to the song "Perfect Strangers" by Deep Purple, whose singer -Ian Gillan- had played with Janick in his solo band before leaving to Black Sabbath and then reuniting with DP.

Your turn, @Jmaster ! :)

Last edited:
Clue 1:
The beginning of this next song has a natural counterpart within Maiden’s discography.

Clue 2:
A key line from the song lyrics could - in isolation - make the listener somewhat wrongly categorise this song along with Blood on the World's Hands and Age of Innocence.

A guess that's gone very wrong for me:
Hallowed be thy Name, Darkest Hour, Infinite Dreams, 2 Minutes to Midnight

Clue 1:
The beginning of this next song has a natural counterpart within Maiden’s discography.

Clue 2:
A key line from the song lyrics could - in isolation - make the listener somewhat wrongly categorise this song along with Blood on the World's Hands and Age of Innocence.

Clue 3:
The lyrics has a noticeable phrase in the imperative mode.

A guess that's gone very wrong for me:
Hallowed be thy Name, Darkest Hour, Infinite Dreams, 2 Minutes to Midnight, The Book of Souls

Back