Guess the altered Iron Maiden songtitle

Ah, once again, the notifications have failed me.

Valdes_Leal_-_Finis_Gloriae_Mundi.jpg

Clue #1
This time around, there is no pun. Instead, I added three words to the original title.

Clue #2
The alteration turned a two-word title into a five-word title.

Clue #3
I wasn't sure whether to use a clue pertaining to the song itself or to the painting once more, so I'll split the difference here and just make it clear - in case someone had trouble reading it - that the title below is Finis Gloriae Mundi ... and also, if we look at the original song's guitar solos, there's something you don't see every day.

Clue #4
The title translates to English as The End of Worldly Glory. I know it doesn't sound much like an imperative, but ... maybe it could be one? It's supposed to be didactic, anyway.
Also, just to be sure, the additional three words are all inside, sandwiched between the original title.

Clue #5
The album the original track comes from is rather unique, methinks. In fact, three of the blokes aren't in the band anymore.

Clue #6
Two of the words I added are only two letters long and the third one is five letters long.

Clue #6.5
The painting is in the tradition of Memento mori - that is also the significance of the painting's title.

Clue #7
Remember _ _ _ _ _(five letters) _ _(two letters) _ _(two letters) Tomorrow
Also, it is in the title of the painting, but the meaning of the painting is actually scarcely about glory at all. The word is not one of those added to the title.

Wrong guesses: If Eternity Should Scale // Heaven Can Weigh // Judgement of Defunt // Another Life Has Been Wasted // Prodigal Son of the Miracle // Beds of Death // Prodigal Son Of A Bitch // Infinite Dreams Of The Dead // Phantoms Of The Two Spheras // Death by the End of Glory // We Will Remember Them Tomorrow // Remember The Gates Of Tomorrow // Love Still f***in' Life Here // Remember The World's Glory Tomorrow // Remember of my glory Tomorrow // Remember Us No Death Tomorrow // Remember Death On Us Tomorrow // Remember Mo' Clues Fo' Tomorrow

Last edited:
Sorry, no, but you can guess again, for some fucking reason, I formatted the seventh clue to make it obvious, but on another computer it disappeared.
The words are Remember 5-letters - 2-letters - 2-letters - Tomorrow

Last edited:
This has taken longer than I thought, these two clues should be enough.

Clue #6.5
The painting is in the tradition of Memento mori - that is also the significance of the painting's title.

(Click the link and see the translation of the phrase, if you're not sure.)

Clue #7

Two words correct and in correct position.

Also, you are completely right. You are wrong in the altered title, but you are completely right in what you're saying.
(HINT!)

Please, anybody, just guess. I honestly don't know how much more obvious could I make this without downright dropping the altered title. I'm half convinced @Jer knows already, please say it and end this misery. :D

Clue #6.5

(Click the link and see the translation of the phrase, if you're not sure.)

Clue #7

Remember Death Is My Tomorrow

Very close, on the right track. The meaning is pretty much correct, but there are still other ways to say that.

Also, one of the added words is correct even as is (and in the correct position).

Remember Dying is "No Tomorrow"

Two words correct and in correct position.

Also, you are completely right. You are wrong in the altered title, but you are completely right in what you're saying.
(HINT!)

Obviously, one of the correct words in the correct position is "is".

Clue #7.5
Memento mori means "remember that you will die." Finis Gloria Mundi means "The End of Worldly Glory", with the decaying corpses of both a bishop and a knight.

Like I said, the altered title is didactic in nature. It says the same as the painting. Think about the simplest way that can be expressed.

Back