GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

I guess this all depends on your vote.

Scenario 1: NP was joking
- You vote for Powerslave, the GMAC ends in a tie.
- You vote for SSOASS, it wins by two votes.

Scenario 2: NP wasn’t joking, you strike his vote, and your vote decides the fate of the game.

Scenario 3: NP wasn’t joking, you keep his original vote.

- You vote for Powerslave, it wins by two votes.
- You vote for SSOASS, the GMAC ends in a tie.

Regardless of the outcome, you should still vote. Personally, I think it’s pretty awesome that you would cast the deciding vote in a game that you’ve put so much work into.
This sums it all up. I'm not sure why LC hasn't voted so far anyway, but he can have the deciding privilege as he hosted this mammoth of a game.

I am terribly torn and, quite frankly, really upset.

Hey, don't get down man, I had great craic with this first and foremost, but also have bought the following albums as a result, so it was definitely a worthwhile endeavour no matter what happens with the final result.

Annihilator - Alice in Hell
Judas Priest - Hell Bent for Leather (for the Green Manalishi)
Power Trip - Nightmare Logic
Running Wild - Riding the Storm (compilation)
Armored Saint - Symbol of Salvation
Death Angel - Act III
Crimson Glory - Crimson Glory
Crimson Glory - Transcendence
Skyclad - A Bellyful of Emptiness (compilation)

I'll be counting SSOASS as the winner either way:lol:

This sums it all up. I'm not sure why LC hasn't voted so far anyway, but he can have the deciding privilege as he hosted this mammoth of a game.
I often try to vote in the last few minutes of a game, to ensure there's no tie, as ties require additional time spent. I will generally not force ties, so I have often not voted if there's something within 1 or 2.

I don't mind casting the deciding vote if there's a tie, but if there's not a tie I'd prefer to respect the rules of the game, and I'm fine with the decision as made, either way.

Alright, so with that out of the way, I am pleased to declare the winner of the 2020-21 Greatest Metal Album Cup to be:

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Congratulations to the winner! Very proud and happy to be here.

Now, let's share some happy memories - tell me about albums you found or learned to love because of exposure in the game, as @srfc has already done. Share some thoughts on what you feel was a fun round! Or maybe a cool song.

Thanks to everyone who voted and everyone who sent in submissions!

Thanks for hosting!

One of the most important discoveries for me happened in the early stages of the game with the album Souvenirs d'un autre monde from French band Alcest. Post-rock/metal or shoegaze is not a genre that I often listen to, but something in those songs resonated with me. A feeling of nostalgia, childhood tinged with sadness. Great stuff!

Thank you, LC for the greatest game outside the Anglo-Russian conflict for Afghanistan!

Thanks @LooseCannon for hosting GMAC and put time and effort in it! :cheers:
I discovered Tony MacAlpine and still am ashamed I hadn´t found about him before.
I re-discovered and bought albums of Judas Priest, Megadeth and Rainbow.
I will miss @Jer ´s Mega Magically Masterfully Maidenforum Members Mashups for sure...

I join the others in wholeheartedly thanking @LooseCannon for a fun game! What gave me a few minutes of pleasant distraction every few days was the result of hours of work on his part, so the gratitude is genuine and well-deserved.

My favorite new discoveries (of older artists) in the game were Nuclear Assault and Annihilator, and I was pleased to see the success that Power Trip unexpectedly enjoyed for several rounds.

Also, Seventh Son is maybe the 10th-best album in this game. :p

Complete corruption. The election was stolen. Absolute fraud.

But at least it was a lot of fun! I think the really definitive match was Ride the Lightning vs Rising. A worthy pair of runners up all things considered. Thanks for hosting LC!

Cheers to @LooseCannon! :cheers:

It may not be Powerslave, but I have no major problems with anointing Seventh Son of a Seventh Son as the greatest metal album of all time.

Top discovers of the tournament to come soon..

Back