GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Bruce Dickinson v Iron Maiden - A real much of a muchness on this one, the Chemical Wedding is the better all round album but the 6 great tracks on Brave New World are on a higher level than most of Chemical Wedding. I'm going to go with which album I was more into at the time, as they are pretty contemporary albums.

Iron Maiden with the win

Iron Maiden v Slayer - An easy win here. Best Ever all time album against Slayer's 4th best, and I probably would have Haunting the Chapel ahead of it too:lol:

Iron Maiden with the win

The Chemical Wedding and BNW are equal to me, but it's much more acceptable to see Bruce's album in a top 8 list when there are so many Maiden albums that fit there better.

Wow, Seasons in the Abyss got more votes than SfV did last round. I only hope that's a testament to how badly Painkiller will crush RtL. Anyways, Maiden.

Second match is an easy win for Seventh Son.

The first one is very close. BNW is a great album with some of my favourite songs, but Chemical Wedding is also great. I'll give this one to Bruce solo as his album has less Beckett.

BNW is a decent Maiden album that sums up a reunited, invigorated Maiden, but Chemical Wedding is someone's pet project that he put a heck of a lot into, and it shows. SSOASS is one of my favourite Maiden albums while I can happily give Slayer a miss.

Second match is an easy win for Seventh Son.

The first one is very close. BNW is a great album with some of my favourite songs, but Chemical Wedding is also great. I'll give this one to Bruce solo as his album has less Beckett.

Less Beckett maybe, but far more of Chemical Wedding is stolen from another mans work, it just happens Bruce waited long enough for it to be public domain.

We should do another GMAC in 2024, and continue on with a World Cup / Olympic time frame and do them every 4 years from now until the end of time.
I'm not sure that a full year of tantric foreplay just to watch Seventh Son win every 4 years is necessarily worth it, but it is good to do this every once in a while.

Back