Good Luck In GCSEs

Hunlord

Trooper
Just thought that a good luck to Conor, Silky and anyone else that is taking their GCSEs and any other exams (Ascendancy, are you happy now?) should be issued. Good luck all :lol:

Do I get 'Good Luck' for my Standard Grades? I did my first exam today. Technlogical Studies, and I'm quite confident I've got a high grade. I also have English tomorrow and Maths on Friday.

Luck has got nothing to do with it, my friend

However, a spot of divine intervention wouldn't go amiss... :rolleyes:

Ascendancy said:
Do I get 'Good Luck' for my Standard Grades?
If you're as clever at school as on this forum, you'll need a lot of luck!

So... good luck! 
pernacchia.gif

Ascendancy said:
Do I get 'Good Luck' for my Standard Grades? I did my first exam today. Technlogical Studies, and I'm quite confident I've got a high grade. I also have English tomorrow and Maths on Friday.
Fine then, good luck to anyone doing exams. That better now? How about I kiss your wounded ego better :wub:

:mellow:

national acrobat said:
GCSEs are a doddle.

If you do the work.  I've done pretty well in the coursework, and I did some work over Easter, but I think it's really time to get the proverbial finger out and do some real revision (past papers are all well and good, but I actually need to read over the stuff...)

In other news...HE'S BACK!!!!!!111 na :censored: na
(I take it all back, RW :notworthy:)

EDIT: Oi, less of that, Mav!
EDIT2: The abuse of dancing bananas is a crime. Count yourself lucky that I won't press charges - Mav  :rolleyes:

Silky said:
However, a spot of divine intervention wouldn't go amiss... :rolleyes:
Hopefully the power of Slayer will be with me in my exams.

GCSEs are a doddle 8)

Good luck 2 all candidates...'o how I remember when I did my GCE A Levels...a longggggg time ago it seems.
:nonono:

Good luck all.

I remember doing these exams, suffering from hayfever, bunged up with all the anti-histamines I could take just to sit the exam. One of the down-sides to having them in the summer.

Silky said:
If you do the work.  I've done pretty well in the coursework, and I did some work over Easter, but I think it's really time to get the proverbial finger out and do some real revision (past papers are all well and good, but I actually need to read over the stuff...)
The best advice I could give you for revision is actually do as many past papers as possible! Invariably the questions are along the same lines every year, especially in the Sciences and Maths. Examiners obviously have little to no imagination.

It might just have worked for me though. Each to their own, and all that.

Yet no one gave me and the Duke good luck for our exams.........

I'm joking.  Do well, boyos.  And girls, if there are any here taking the tests.  Hell, I don't know the sex of all you freaks.  Good luck, though.

Everyone doing their GCSE's....(im doing it now). If your stuck and need help with the simpler parts of the courses. Check out BBC's bitesize site, some of it is a little confusing if you have learned it all differently. But for the simpler things, its a godsend.

Ok, prepare yourselves for a side splitting.  I have written this notice which I am going to post on the school notice board tomorrow morning to take the piss out of the rest of the year:

Wednesday 3rd May 2006

Notice to all Year 12 Pupils.  After much deliberation and discussion of the topic of study leave for GCSE students, it has been decided that all 5th years will be free from the college from Friday the 5th of May.
We wish you well with your study leave and hope you use your time wisely to prepare for what will be the biggest exams of your life to date.  If you believe this, you are a gullible fool.  Friday will be a non-uniform day with the annual “Leavers Mass” taking place at 10:30.  You are free to leave school directly after this short service dedicated for all students not returning next year.
On a darker note, the following pupils will not be allowed to return to the college next year to take up their studies because of disciplinary problems:
· Maverick
That is all.

Yours deceitfully,
Black Dragon

(Replacing Black Dragon with my name and Maverick with a friend of mine)

don't you mean year 11....I thought year 12 was AS level

national acrobat said:
The best advice I could give you for revision is actually do as many past papers as possible! Invariably the questions are along the same lines every year, especially in the Sciences and Maths. Examiners obviously have little to no imagination.

It might just have worked for me though. Each to their own, and all that.

Yeh, I've done quite a few past papers and have done half decently in them.  It's really just a case of looking over my notes when I go off on study leave.  And hoping this cold I have passes over by then... :(
Also, the amount of overlap and repeated questions is ridiculous.  I've studied plate tectonics three times this year in three different subjects...

brother_of_the_7th_son said:
don't you mean year 11....I thought year 12 was AS level
It's different here in Northern Ireland.

I have the school logo and the same layout that the school uses for every announcement.  This is going to be hilarious when I post it up tomorrow :p

Maybe you shouldn't use your real name, Conor.  I mean, it's not like forging official documents is a crime!

I had my English exams yesterday. On the writing paper I chose the option to write a story about a man who woke up in a destroyed city, I named this man Sergeant Adrian Smith.  :mellow: I also made a reference to a man who had dided before the beginning of my story called Captain Stephen Harris.  ^_^ I screwed up the front of the booklet though, by writing my name where I was supposed to write the name of my school! I scored it out and corrected my mistake though.

Then the two reading papers came in the afternoon and the General (the 'easier' one) was harder than the Crdeit (the 'difficult' one), but I'm sure I got a grade 1 for my reading and if I get a 1 for the writing part then I'll get an overall one.  :ph34r:

Back