Good Luck In GCSEs

LooseCannon said:
Maybe you shouldn't use your real name, Conor.  I mean, it's not like forging official documents is a crime!
I did it today and my form teacher read the notice out to the class.  He knew it was a joke and just read it out for a laugh.  Some people (blondes) took the message literally though :lol:
Ascendancy said:
I had my English exams yesterday. On the writing paper I chose the option to write a story about a man who woke up in a destroyed city, I named this man Sergeant Adrian Smith.  :mellow: I also made a reference to a man who had dided before the beginning of my story called Captain Stephen Harris.  ^_^ I screwed up the front of the booklet though, by writing my name where I was supposed to write the name of my school! I scored it out and corrected my mistake though.

Then the two reading papers came in the afternoon and the General (the 'easier' one) was harder than the Crdeit (the 'difficult' one), but I'm sure I got a grade 1 for my reading and if I get a 1 for the writing part then I'll get an overall one.  :ph34r:
My English exams aren't for another 3 weeks  :mellow:

Conor said:
My English exams aren't for another 3 weeks  :mellow:

Likewise, although French orals are next week...which I have decided to half-revise for and bluff the rest  :innocent:...well, I know my presentation and the basic components of my conversation, so it'll be easy enough to tie together a few coherent sentences.  6 days later, Add Maths.  Ow.  Migraine-inducing exam if ever there was one, but I'm pretty confident I'll do well in it.  History and English are going to be pure hell, though, ad I'm going to run out of time and/or get a giant writer's cramp in the middle... :(

Avec l'animation de les chiens de Mitterand et la main de Jeanne d'Arc dans les rues en Bordeaux je ne pas veus jouer avec ma coeur monotone.

Leave "la main de Jeanne d'Arc" alone. She was busy enough kicking the English out of France and didn't have any time to give handjobs!   :biggrin:

Maverick said:
This topic again? I told you already: "Il faut tout faire avec la bouche.:p  :rolleyes:

Fine-French Speaking Examination
(seriously, kids these days-no maturity at all!) :p

Maverick said:
:p  Don't you just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this smiley?  :p

^_^

It's the potential dual meaning.  On its surface, it's a simple *:p* emoticon that can be used to indicate sarcasm.  But, the animation gives it a brilliant sexual euphemism, as the smilie seems to infer that the poster has the intention of adding an innuendo or double-entendre to his post, and may be offering sexual favours in return for karma points!

So, yes, Mav, we can see why you love it... :p

Le sacre bleu monotone est dans les annulations de Jaques Chirac en Polynésie Francaise, mais Pierre et Francois sont joyeux et regardez les belles femmes.

Silky said:
It's the potential dual meaning.  On its surface, it's a simple *:p* emoticon that can be used to indicate sarcasm.  But, the animation gives it a brilliant sexual euphemism, as the smilie seems to infer that the poster has the intention of adding an innuendo or double-entendre to his post, and may be offering sexual favours in return for karma points!

So, yes, Mav, we can see why you love it... :p

Have a praise!  :p

Kids these days :rolleyes:
All it takes to amuse you is a lousy double entendre and a provocative smiley :nonono:

My French Oral exam is on monday... then additional maths on the same day as Silky.  Just out of curiosity Silky, seeing as you go to one of the top schools in the occupied territory, do you do triple award science?

Conor said:
My French Oral exam is on monday... then additional maths on the same day as Silky.  Just out of curiosity Silky, seeing as you go to one of the top schools in the occupied territory, do you do triple award science?

Nope, all our school do double award, so we can choose one more other subject if we want to and still have a half-decent science education.  I actually prefer the Co-ordinated DA papers-they give you one mark out four in a paragraph for writing in sentences and using proper punctuation, for God's sake!

Silky said:
I actually prefer the Co-ordinated DA papers-they give you one mark out four in a paragraph for writing in sentences and using proper punctuation, for God's sake!

I know a few people on this board who would fail these exams miserably!  ^_^

I had my Maths exams today. The General papers were unbeliebably easy, I finsihed them in 15 then 25 minutes. The Credit papers were a different story however. The Non-calculator paper was alright, but I made some silly mistakes, then the Calculator paper was a killer. I made some silly mistakes with factorising a quadratic equation (n²-3n-130 = 0) and I screwed up something else as well. I think I should have got a 1 though, because I did the rest of it fine.

Silky said:
Nope, all our school do double award, so we can choose one more other subject if we want to and still have a half-decent science education.  I actually prefer the Co-ordinated DA papers-they give you one mark out four in a paragraph for writing in sentences and using proper punctuation, for God's sake!
We have the choice of double or triple -_-
Not to sound like a cocky git, but I do triple award.  It's bloody hard :|

Ascendancy said:
I made some silly mistakes with factorising a quadratic equation (n²-3n-130 = 0)
Just out of curiosity, what steps would you do to find what n equals. I had a go and got n=13 (which works) but my method would not have got a tick.

BTW it has been donkeys years since I sat anything resembling a maths exam!

That's what I did, but I had to find 65. Then I realised earlier that I half to do 13 X 5 to get 65! A bit late now eh?

I did my French "speaking" ;) examination yesterday.  It went quite well.
What about your's Silky? :mellow:

I had French in my first semester. I'm not sure what level you take, but it isn't that hard here.

Back