Good Luck In GCSEs

Well... most of the results are out tomorrow.  Is it time to start panicking?

Well, I got four of my results back today, namely History, Additional Maths, English and R.E.  Got A*s in all of them, which I'm very pleased with, although I'm going to have to do some squeezing with my parents if I want to get that guitar I'm after...my dad gave me £20 for 4 A stars... :(

Raven said:
Well, I got four of my results back today, namely History, Additional Maths, English and R.E.  Got A*s in all of them, which I'm very pleased with
Congratulations! -_-
Raven said:
(...)  although I'm going to have to do some squeezing with my parents if I want to get that guitar I'm after...my dad gave me £20 for 4 A stars... :(
Hey, can't you buy the strings with that money? ;)

JackKnife said:
-_-Hey, can't you buy the strings wuth that money? ;)

...I think buying it piece-by-piece and assembling it myself would be rather more expensive, frustrating, and time-consuming than buying one in a shop ;)

Erm, eight A*s for me.  I'm getting a tenner for each of them Slinkyboy :p

I am doing 4 AS levels:
History, Physics, Mathematics and I.C.T.

After this year, I will drop one of them and do three A levels.  I will most likely drop history but there is a lot of time to pass between now and when I have to make my decision ;)

Congrats Silky (eh, I mean Raven :huh:) and Conor. Damn site better results than what I achieved (didn't even get a B let alone an A).

Bah, you guys are nerds. Take a look at my results from two years ago (*sigh*). Those are manly:

SubjectGrade (Written)Grade (Oral)
English14-
History/Social Studies7-
German8-
Maths02
Biology49
Chemics3-
Geography713
French24

About the grading system: There are 15 grades. 15 is the best, 1 is the worst. They are comparable to the A-F or 1-6 systems (in which A and 1 are the best respectively) and can be broke down to the following:

0= F/6
1-3= 5- to 5+ (This mark doesn't exist in the alphabetic system, I think)
4-6= D- to D+/4- to 4+
7-9= C- to C+/3- to 3+
10-12= B- to B+/2- to 2+
13-15= A- to A+/1- to 1+

The intensity of the courses was reduced in every second subject from above (i.e. the first two were the hardest, the next two were not as intensive and the last two were very relaxed), so basically English and History/Social Studies required the most knowledge, the hardest work and were also the most strictly marked. Consequently, my 14 points in English was the highest grade anybody got for anything in the whole class.  :mellow: However, my 0/2 in Maths was the lowest anybody got for anything in the whole class ;)

Note that in normal German schools, you'd only have to take four of those courses, but I was at a Bavarian private school with restricted rules. I couldn't choose my courses and had to write a final exam in the first six, whereas accomplishments during the year are worthless. Moreover, the educational system in Bavaria, the area I live in, is known to be the hardest, especially for those exams.

Well Perun, as you may know, examination standards in the UK have declined over the past number of years so achieving an A* grade may not be as difficult as a 14 or 15 in the German system ;)

Getting my 14 points in English wasn't difficult at all for me :p

I see what you mean. Still, I do not consider my grades particularly good, and I was a lousy student as a matter of fact. My average grade (3,3) disqualifies me for almost every university course with grade restrictions.

Well, I got the rest of my results back, and they were all A*s, so I'm very pleased with that.  Interestingly enough, quite a few of my friends got at least 6 A*s, but one guy in my class, who ALWAYS has to be right (and by this, I mean he got pissed off one time because he got under 90% in maths while my other mate was over the moon that he got over 70%) got straight A's and A*s but was still really depressed.  Nutter.

Back