Ghost

One song that’s grown on me a lot is “Theres a Darkness long song title.” It reminds me a bit more of something like “He Is,” which is to me a very solid ballad. All in all, I think it’s a very solid album.

Looking at tickets for Chicago right now, as this would be a fun show. However, it's like $100 per ticket after fees. That just seems like an awful lot.

Yeah, I guess. I bought 'em. It's worth it for both bands. Were it a shitty opener, I certainly wouldn't pay $100 for Ghost.
I know a lot of people don't like the direction Ghost went musically but I enjoy them and the do put on a really good show, IMO. Seen them 3 times now

Do I want to go to Syracuse twice in two weeks? Yikes, that's gonna be a pricey couple of days.

I know a lot of people don't like the direction Ghost went musically but I enjoy them and the do put on a really good show, IMO. Seen them 3 times now
I have no issues with their musical direction. I definitely prefer their last 3 albums to the first 2, they’re just not a band I would spend $100 if they were playing by themselves.

I have no issues with their musical direction. I definitely prefer their last 3 albums to the first 2, they’re just not a band I would spend $100 if they were playing by themselves.

$100? :oops: Oh my. Saw them open for Maiden and that was about the investment I found adequate.

But my contrarian attitude aside, the price is indeed ridiculous. I wonder how many bands would I go see for that. I know, I know, it's different in the 'Murica and there's iflation and everything, but still.

I could easily shell out 700 SEK for Ghost. My Ozzy ticket from 2018 cost 1000 (waiting for a refund for the three tickets I've bought, thank you very much. Can apparently come through anytime from now until May, according to the ticket vendor, and may register at the date of purchase, so I have to check the two used bank accounts' history 4+ years to keep tabs....)

My Ozzy ticket from 2018 cost 1000

Now that I think about it, indeed the most I ever paid for tickets might have been for the OG Sabbath. That I considered a "once in a lifetime" opportunity, just like the Stones.

$100? :oops: Oh my. Saw them open for Maiden and that was about the investment I found adequate.

But my contrarian attitude aside, the price is indeed ridiculous. I wonder how many bands would I go see for that. I know, I know, it's different in the 'Murica and there's iflation and everything, but still.
It’s an amphitheater tour, so this is pretty much standard now.

Concert prices have nearly doubled since COVID and it just sucks. I’ve skipped more shows in the last year that I would have seen if the price were right.

Good seats at an amphitheater tour used to cost like $50-60 max after fees, now it’s $60-70 before fees ($100) total for pretty mediocre seats.

Fuck Ticketmaster.

Back