Ghost

Another funny "message from the Clergy" chapter in the Ghost mythology - Tobias channeling his inner Kubrick this time.
EDIT: unfortunately I can't embed the video, so here is the link.

Last edited:
66582879_2533175883367859_2701863801635995648_n.jpg

A European tour including a bunch of UK shows.

Of course most of their songs are about the Devil, but it just dawned on me that Square Hammer is narrated by the Devil; the song (I think) is told from his point of view.

A moment after I noticed this, I also saw that the truck in front of me had a license plate that ended with 666. Then a few miles later, a black cat ran across the street in front of me...

Tobias is a genius! The way he is developing the story around Ghost is amazing.

The new song is great too, especially the pre-chorus.

I honestly love this band so much. Those two songs are probably one of the two retro sounding tracks they've ever done. I think I prefer Mary on a Cross to Kiss a Go-Goat, but I know they'll be constantly played on my Spotify.

Now to see if they'll add them to setlist when they start the new leg tomorrow night.

Mary On a Cross is a quality song, but I'm with Mr K on the Go Go Goat thing, that's a joke song. That is, more of a joke than usual.

Ghost has played the following songs...

- Helvetesfonster
- Mary on a Cross
-Kiss the Go Goat

Apart from 4 songs I’ve seen the entire set. So I’m not too upset about missing the show.

“Kiss The Go-Goat” wasn’t bad but I’m not a fan of the “Satan... Lucifer...” bit in the pre-chorus. “Mary On A Cross” is lovely though. Warm, embracing sound, and there’s some cheesiness but it’s very nice.

the Go Go Goat thing, that's a joke song
The lyrics are (intentionally, I hope) idiotic and a joke. I mean, come on, "he's the guy you want to do, and you know that it takes two, luckily he wants to do you too," you simply can't take that seriously. Almost as sophomoric and stupid as Kiss lyrics. (Almost.) But otherwise it's catchy as hell, particularly the bit where he sings those stupid lyrics. Is there a more purely fun band right now than Ghost?

Back