Genesis

Stardust

Rainmaker
For all you Genesis lovers. (I am one of them!)
By the way, my favorite Genesis song is That's All!
Discuss!

Seems like he wants us to discuss That's All.

Alright. Genesis, also known as 1. Moses, is the first book in the Old Testament, and also the first book in the Tanakh, and therefore also the first book of the Torah. It recounts the story of Creation up to the death of Joseph. It consists of 50 chapters.

Scholars believe it was written after the mid-6th century BCE, when the Persians conquered Babylon and freed the Jews from their captivity. It implies that the Jews are God's chosen people, and builds the foundation to the entire Biblical literature.

Firth of Fifth was the song that really got me into Genesis. That instrumental section (particularly the flute and guitar solos) still gives me chills. Though my favorite Genesis song is Supper's Ready.

Yes, Supper's Ready is my favorite prog epic but it's too long and that's why I hate it.

Yes, Supper's Ready is my favorite prog epic but it's too long and that's why I hate it.

A shout out to thousand_suns, I see. One of the two names on the forum that spring to my mind when I think of the word "laughing stock".

Back