Abacab joins the battle!

Eliminated:
Squonk
Like It or Not
Another Record

Promoted:
Dance on a Volcano
Ripples

3 songs getting eliminated this round. A perfect time to promote the Selling England songs.

Eliminated:
Dancing with the Moonlit Knight

Promoted:
Firth of Fifth
The Cinema Show

Genesis joins the battle!

Had to do tiebreaker with previous round, since 4 songs removed (remember two get promoted from Selling England) would be too many. Previous round Dance got 2 votes and Duke's End got 1.

Eliminated:
No Reply
Man on the Corner
Illegal Alien
Silver Rainbow

Eliminated:
Keep It Dark
Dodo/Lurker
Taking It All Too Hard

Promoted:
Abacab
Me and Sarah Jane

Invisible Touch joins the battle!

Invisible Touch was my first Genesis album and probably my favorite from the 80s, rivaled only by Abacab.

Plus The Brazilian.. :notworthy:

Eliminated:
Just A Job To Do
In Too Deep
Anything She Does

Eliminated:
Duke's End
Second Home By the Sea
Domino
Throwing It All Away

Eliminated:
That's All

Couldn't eliminate Duke's Travels because only one song could be removed from the game, so That's All lost the tie with The Brazilian.

We Can't Dance joins the battle!

The song with one of the best choruses in the history of pop/rock-music (Land of Confusion) with two votes already? Come on guys. :)

The song with one of the best choruses in the history of pop/rock-music (Land of Confusion) with two votes already? Come on guys. :)
An effort to protect one of my all time favorite instrumentals (The Brazilian) and a clear highlight of not just the Collins era, but Genesis' entire catalog.

Choose another song to protect it. :D We can't dance but we can leave both songs alone in the next round. ;-)

I will say that it was a difficult choice between Tonight Tonight Tonight and Land Of Confusion. All three songs would make the finals if I had my way.

Back