GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
I would host Iron Maiden Survivor since I haven't done it before. I'd update regularly since I don't need to review it or relisten as I know everything. The only question is: do we wait for the next album or do it before it?

If we do one before the new album we should do the discography in reverse or random order with b sides imo.

What do we vote for if we don't really care? I'm in for a Maiden survivor whenever. Also, wasn't LC still planning a Maiden songs head-to-head game, or is that off the table now?

I chose "After", I'd also suggest waiting a little while after the album is released too, just to give some time for "new album hype" to wear off. I don't know about everyone else, but I'd probably rate the new songs much higher because they're still new and exciting.

After the new album please, but do it in reverse order so we can do the new album fresh. I couldn't care less about the b-sides though. They won't go far in the game so aren't worth including in my opinion.

After the new album please, but do it in reverse order so we can do the new album fresh. I couldn't care less about the b-sides though. They won't go far in the game so aren't worth including in my opinion.
Depending on when the album comes out it might be better to do it in chronological order so that the album has had time to settle for people. I know I wouldn’t know what to vote for after the album is brand new. We’ve traditionally started survivors the day the new album comes out.

Some of the b-sides, sure, but I'd be interested in seeing where stuff like "That Girl" and "Virus" would end up.

Yea B sides never do anything. I like the idea of putting them together as their own album so that they’re only competing with each other in the initial rounds. Could be interesting to see how the promoted B Sides would fare in the finals.

I once again vote against b-sides. Most bands have some really cool b-sides that end up getting cut from the album for one reason or another. Maiden is good enough to release each album with a singular vision and not record something that isn’t good enough to make the cut, thus all of their b-sides are jokes or mediocre covers.

I think actual songs like "Virus", "Justice of the Peace" and "Judgement Day" could be included, but not covers and joke songs.

I think actual songs like "Virus", "Justice of the Peace" and "Judgement Day" could be included, but not covers and joke songs.
They usually have been. I don’t remember ‘Burning Ambition’ ever being included though.

Wasn't there some talk of doing a separate "long" song and "short" song Maiden survivor?

If you split the discography in half, the cut-off is 5:30. 78 short songs / 77 long songs with Fear is the Key being the longest "short song" and Mother Russia is the shortest "long" song.

Is there enough interest in a Baroness survivor? Wouldn't take long as they have 4 albums and 3 eps. Their 5th album comes out in a few weeks. 76 songs total (including Gold & Grey).

Just for the fuck of it, is there anyone who would be interested in an Atlantean Kodex survivor? Taking away the interludes, there would be twelve songs and an azure gown. Although we could add the four unique songs from The Pnakotic Demos as well. I could imagine @Ariana, @LooseCannon, @Donner and @Night Prowler (?) being in for it?

Back