GAMES DISCUSSION - submissions welcome!

Opeth referendum?

• Total voters
If @RTC doesn't want to continue Death, I'm down for that. Any classic Florida band would be fun really.

Moonspell and Paradise Lost I'm vaguely familiar with, so I'd be up for that. Not a fan of Katatonia, wouldn't want to host a survivor for them.

I'd vote in a general Paradise Lost survivor, but I'm not a n00b in that respect. I don't recommend Katatonia, their music changes enormously and probably wouldn't be of interest here. I'm not familiar with Moonspell, only heard a couple of songs here and there, so that's a possibility.

BTW, I'm going to post the call for Best Video nominations as soon as I have chance to write something. I should be able to start it maybe November/December time.

I'd wait, RTC. Forum is already pretty crazy, I think a smaller survivor like Death would get lost in the mix right now. It's been less than a month since TBOS came out, and it usually takes about 2 months for things to settle down a bit.

Since people are throwing names around like Paradise Lost, Katatonia et...There is also Anathema. They also started out playing Doom metal before going Gothic doom metal and then ending up playing progressive metal.

And it's a band I have not heard much talk about on the forums at all. Might be good for a noobvivor.

Similarly there is also My Dying Bride..

I knew someone's gonna mention them but I wouldn't host or vote in their Survivor out of principle. They denounced their metal past, fuck them. And the guitarist is a major douchebag.

The Dutch band The Gathering would also be a cool survivor. I have the feeling that most here have heard a track or two but most don't really know them that well (haven't listened to full albums, well except Forostar) ;)

I would also be interested in an Agalloch survivor.

I can't host a Survivor fast enough to catch up with his frantic album releases :p It'd never end :p Also, not interested :p

I can't host a Survivor fast enough to catch up with his frantic album releases :p It'd never end :p Also, not interested :p
But literally nobody here has listened to any of his stuff. Is that not what you want for the nOObvivor?

Plus, I don't care if you're not interested. It would indeed never end though...

I've only heard a few of their songs, but I could use a Gathering survivor as an excuse to listen more.

That's 4 for a Gathering survivor so far.....

I've heard Mandylion and How To Measure a Planet? But it's so long ago I don't really remember anything from these albums, except my fave song from theese two..... Leaves :D And they've made 11 albums - so plenty more to explore.

Has anyone considered doing a "Live rendition of Iron Maiden survivor" where you do all the various incarnations of live tracks?

Back