FUNNY / RANDOM / WEIRD Pictures...

1926855_615499688531055_1294831207_n.jpg

Pretty good summary, the only one I'd disagree with myself is I still call it corn, I've never heard anyone call it maize.
You could have put this in the language thread, Crimson Idol?

Can/Tin: depends on what that's meant to be a picture of. UK definitely call a tin of food (e.g. beans) a tin; a drink would be a can.
Corn/Maize: Yeh, who in the UK calls corn maize?
Fries/Chips: the UK uses fries to describe thin (MacDonald's/BK style) chips; and use chips to describe the chunkier variety. Yes/no?
Scotch tape/Sellotape: is just branding, much like using the word Hoover...
... or Heroin.

I could have put it in the language thread yes, but this was my first thought as I both forgot there was a language thread, and it's a picture :p

Fries are thin, I think what we call chips are usually known as "Steak fries" to America.
Scotch Tape, I have seen a brand called Scotch tape which is white and yet was labelled as being see through when applied... I found it both incredibly unsticky AND unsee-through :p

Indeed, Scotch Tape is available here in the UK, just as Sellotape is available abroad (although not, I don't think, in the US). Technically we should be spelling the generic variety cellotape anyway.

The subway/underground isn't correct. It depends on the city. London has an underground rail network but Glasgow has a subway.
Indeed, although it is an underground railway. The word "Subway" was in use when the underground was built in the 1890's; being renamed, & incorporating "Underground" (& removing "Subway"), from its name at some point in the (?) 1930/40's. It's now officially the Glasgow Subway & has been for 10 years or so.

Fair enough. I've never used it and never seen the point in it. It's not like Glasgow is so big that you can't walk to most places and there are plenty of buses. Mind you, not as pointless as the Edinburgh trams!

Justin Bieber The Unauthorised Bibliography

Somehow, I doubt he's relevant enough to warrant something like that. o_O

Hardly warrants a biography. "I was a kid star. Then my fame got the better off me and I started doing moronic stuff like others before me. The end"

There is no point. Not in compiling a bibliography for Justin Bieber.

Back