Forostar's Top 50 Iron Maiden songs

Re: Forostar's Top 50 Iron Maiden songs

CriedWhenBrucieLeft said:
Okay I will challenge you! Fear is the Key ? Pretty sure there is some strummy acoustic stuff + electric guitar starting around 3:36. Forostar lies and lies and lies...

Yep, I stand corrected. Naturally I was aware of this, but forgot about it when I wrote my review for The Fugitive.

I like very much your breakdown of Paschendale. I also have studied the first World War and share your feelings about Maiden writing this epic.  The song for me is still growing and is racing towards the top 10.  It is songs like this that make Maiden what they are in my[our] lives.  The depth, and respect given to the subject matter, unmatched in the music world.  Yet another masterpiece off the Mighty Dance of Death.

Paschendale at 30 eh? :blink: I'm really interested to see what 29-1 are going to be...

taker64 said:
Paschendale at 30 eh? :blink: I'm really interested to see what 29-1 are going to be...

Are there 29 other maiden songs worthy? or has he thrown in 25 or so non-maiden songs in cunning disguises?

I think from this point on this shall be known as the most blasphemous list ever! "What? QFF above PFD?"

SinisterMinisterX said:
Only 29 off. :p

taker64 said:

Yeah. Well, it still did quite well actually. Last year it certainly would've been lower than Starblind, but then again: One year ago I liked Starblind more than nowadays.

bornless1 said:
I like very much your breakdown of Paschendale. I also have studied the first World War and share your feelings about Maiden writing this epic.  The song for me is still growing and is racing towards the top 10.  It is songs like this that make Maiden what they are in my[our] lives.  The depth, and respect given to the subject matter, unmatched in the music world.

Cheers. They certainly wrote a very heavy epic indeed. Here's another one. Both Paschendale and the next one were featured in the early stage of the 2010 tour. I wonder if we'll ever see one of these again.

No. 29 - Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
(Smith/Harris/Dickinson, 2006 -> on stage-status: last time in 2010)

This one has some of the most striking lyrics Bruce ever did. And the force coming from these riffs is immense.
I particularly enjoy the fast piece in the middle plus the "all nations are rising..." part.

For the ones who don't know this little piece of trivia: some years ago a member called kwok fu seng found out that this is the only Iron Maiden song containing an Adrian and a Janick solo (and no Dave solo). He (and I) wondered if that would change, but it still hasn't. So this is quite unique. :)

Great song, its amazing all the way though and the Live at Abby road version is phenomenal. My favorite part is at the end when Bruce is sinning "bombers lunch with no recall".

Also this is a great top 50 (loving the love for the 90's stuff) haven't had any arguments with it thus far but then again there's no way in hell I could ever rank Maiden songs after my Top 5.

:okok:

Forostar said:
No. 29 - Brighter Than a Thousand Suns
(Smith/Harris/Dickinson, 2006 -> on stage-status: last time in 2010)
For the ones who don't know this little piece of trivia: some years ago a member called kwok fu seng found out that this is the only Iron Maiden song containing an Adrian and a Janick solo (and no Dave solo). He (and I) wondered if that would change, but it still hasn't. So this is quite unique. :)

Is this another one of your claims Forostar!?  :D

BTaTS is absolutely fantastic. I rate it far higher than Pashendale. Keep 'em comin'!

No, no. Me thinks it's in your thread --so it's very much your claim!  :D
Although, it's correct... (It could only happen on either BNW, DoD, AMoLaD, or TFF mind you --so there's not much to check.)

Prisoner Of Maiden said:
Great song, its amazing all the way though and the Live at Abby road version is phenomenal. My favorite part is at the end when Bruce is sinning "bombers lunch with no recall".

Also this is a great top 50 (loving the love for the 90's stuff) haven't had any arguments with it thus far but then again there's no way in hell I could ever rank Maiden songs after my Top 5.

:okok:

Hi Prisoner, long time no see! I love the Abbey Road performance as well, though Bruce is having some breathing troubles in between verses, hasn't he?

Glad you appreciate this list, the nineties input included. More coming up!  :ok:

Back