For the Church of H and all other respected Maidenfans ;)

Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is!)

• [b]1982[/b]: The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Gangland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [b]1983[/b]: Flight Of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Sun And Steel

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • [b]1984[/b]: 2 Minutes to Midnight, Back In The Village

• [b]1986[/b]: Sheriff Of Huddersfield, Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • [b]1988[/b]: Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • [b]1990[/b]: Hooks In You

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • [b]2000[/b]: The Wicker Man, The Fallen Angel

• [b]2003[/b]: Pass The Jam, Wildest Dreams, New Frontier, Paschendale, Face in The Sand, Journeyman,

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • [b]2006[/b]: Different World, These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Longest Da

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • 2010: Satellite 15... The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother of M, Coming Home, IOA, Starblind, WTWWB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2015: Speed of Light, The Great Unknown, When the River Runs Deep, Death or Glory, Tears of a Clown

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
Both 1988 and 2006 are class. However, I have to go with 1986. Not only are the three album songs H wrote on SiT great, he wrote them all by himself. That's unique for that album. In fact, these three songs are the only ones on all Maiden studio albums where H is given credit alone. On all other songs where he's credited, it's along with either 'Arry, Bruce or both (except Gangland, where Clive Burr is co-credited).

So, 1986 it is.

Eddies Wingman said:
Both 1988 and 2006 are class. However, I have to go with 1986. Not only are the three album songs H wrote on SiT great, he wrote them all by himself. That's unique for that album. In fact, these three songs are the only ones on all Maiden studio albums where H is given credit alone. On all other songs where he's credited, it's along with either 'Arry, Bruce or both (except Gangland, where Clive Burr is co-credited).

Plus there is New Frontier (McBrain, Smith, Dickinson).

I voted for the AMOLAD collection, Longest Day and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns are simply staggering.

Not including the b-sides, there is hardly a bad song H has written.

Great poll Foro!

God this is hard because there is something great about H's contribution on all of those albums.....er well maybe Hooks in You not so great.

It's a toss up between 1983 for Flight of Icarus and Die With your Boots On being stand out tracks

or

1986 Wasted Years, Sea of Madness and Stranger (drooooooooool) and all penned by Smithy exclusively

er

Maybe 2003 , i love Wildest Dreams and Paschenfuckingdale needs no explanation, I also love the solo's on New Frontier and Face in the Sand (probably his best since SIASL)

but what about

2006 all the stuff on AMOLAD is amazing

shit, bollocks this is getting my tourettes going!!!

1986 there I've made up my mind and hitting post before i change it

Updated! People who voted before can change their vote.
In what year were the most favourite scripts of his holiness released upon mankind, according to you?
Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is! - try to judge the total quality of a group of songs)

Thanks for voting!
:)

2006 also contains Lord of Light. For some reason it fell out / didn't fit.

Why didn't you include Reach Out for 1986? C'mon Adrian on LEAD vocals!

Edit: forgot he didn't actually write it, even though it was an Urchin song.

AMOLAD group, comfortably. 2nd place probably goes to TFF, all of my highlights from that album are co-written by Adrian.

AMOLAD isn't their best album, but those 4 songs are probably my favourites from that album.

Back