For the Church of H and all other respected Maidenfans ;)

Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is!)

• [b]1982[/b]: The Prisoner, 22 Acacia Avenue, Gangland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [b]1983[/b]: Flight Of Icarus, Die With Your Boots On, Sun And Steel

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • [b]1984[/b]: 2 Minutes to Midnight, Back In The Village

• [b]1986[/b]: Sheriff Of Huddersfield, Wasted Years, Sea Of Madness, Stranger In A Strange Land

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • [b]1988[/b]: Moonchild, Can I Play With Madness, The Evil That Men Do

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • [b]1990[/b]: Hooks In You

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • [b]2000[/b]: The Wicker Man, The Fallen Angel

• [b]2003[/b]: Pass The Jam, Wildest Dreams, New Frontier, Paschendale, Face in The Sand, Journeyman,

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • [b]2006[/b]: Different World, These Colours Don't Run, Brighter Than a Thousand Suns, The Longest Da

Votes: 26 40.6%
  • 2010: Satellite 15... The Final Frontier, El Dorado, Mother of M, Coming Home, IOA, Starblind, WTWWB

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • 2015: Speed of Light, The Great Unknown, When the River Runs Deep, Death or Glory, Tears of a Clown

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
In what year were the most favourite scripts of his holiness released upon mankind, according to you?
Vote for your favourite H-collection (by year that is! - try to judge the total quality of a group of songs)

Thanks for voting!
:)

And another vote. :) I guess the next one could be non Harris penned songs.

I would have to go for 1988 as Seventh Son is their best album, in my opinion and it makes this collection is just a tad better than 2006.

Albie said:
And another vote. :) I guess the next one could be non Harris penned songs.

I would have to go for 1988 as Seventh Son is their best album, in my opinion and it makes this collection is just a tad better than 2006.

Thanks for your vote and explanation, Albie. Your suggestion for a next poll sounds interesting but there's only 10 poll options (I thought), which isn't enough for this one. :/

2006.  The amount of good songs H helped write on AMoLaD outweighs even Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time (my favourite Maiden albums) and the almighty Paschendale.

2006. Although 1988 and 2003 deserve an honorable mention (even if I detest Wildest Dreams).

2003.  Although I don't like New Frontier,  haven't heard those b-sides,  Paschendale does it all.  2006 comes really close though...

The choice is easy: 2006.  All 5 songs are at least 4/5.  No other years come close.  Not even mighty 'Paschendale' could overthrow 2006 H performance.

2006 definitely for me! Those five songs are among the strongest songs from a very strong album. Paschendale itself can't win this poll. ;)

2006, without doubt.  Though 2003 comes close too, due to Wildest Dreams and Paschendale.  AMoLaD is just so good that it wins the day.  I hadn't realised H wrote so much for the album  ::)

I would have to go with Seventh son of a seventh son. The 'evil that men do' and 'moonchild' are extremely strong numbers and more than make up for 'can I play with madness'.

2006, pretty easy when you consider that ALL of those songs from aMoLaD are really good.

I was tempted by 2003 as well, but a couple of those I have not heard (!) and although I think Paschendale is better than any song from 2006, the 06 group as a whole is superb.

3 years, after I opened this topic, I finally cast my vote: 1986

Sea of Madness is of a unique beauty, and esp. SOASL and Wasted Years make for a fine collection.

Back