Food from your country

national acrobat said:
English cuisine apparently suffers from a poor reputation, but I wouldn't swap it for anything:

Fish & Chips
Sunday Roasts (especially Roast beef and Yorkshire pud)
Steak & Kidney Pie
Bangers and mash
Shepherd's Pie
Toad-in-the-hole

And I'll take Albie's word on the Tikka Masala, which incidentally I had for lunch today. Top notch nosh!

I had bangers & mash at home. I had homemade onion cream with it. I didn't really understand if that's what it calls for but anyway I liked it. Thanks for all these suggestions, now I want to try them all LOL.

I'm going to look up a place where I can get a full english breakfast. It looks awesome.
I tried some english stuff when I was in the US (lol) at a theme restaurant in disney world.
The waiter spoke with an english accent, so maybe there's a chance it was close to authentic. I got the fish and chips, and my dad's yourkshaire pudding was pretty lame, can't remember what he got with it.

I've been to England, but all I can remember food-wise is KFC. Lots of it.

Mega said:
I'm going to look up a place where I can get a full english breakfast. It looks awesome.
The one plate of food missing from NA's list. Full English Breakfast's are legendary.

Found a place where they serve many breakfasts from all around the world.

Full english breakfast to blueberry pancakes to steak with homefries and eggs.
They even have eggs benedict! I wanna order everything.

That sounds like a great place... I should look for something like that here, probably can only find it in Phoenix though...

I dunno where waffles come from, but I love em!  I love a good breakfast--today the hotel had waffles, bacon, sausage, fresh fruit, cheesy eggs....I had fresh blueberries and whip cream on my waffles.

Now I'm hungry again just thinking about it!

Damn, sounds great.

I feel like making myself a proper breakfast. Maybe I'll make an omelette.

Back