Flight 666 Double DVD Out This May!

I thought "who's driving then?" :p  But those Brits still drive on the wrong side of the road.

Damn, I would sell my soul to meet Bruce; any of the band really, but especially Bruce.  H and Janick a close second, but I think Bruce would have the most things to talk about.

Haha, as I had been living for a while in the UK when I met him I knew he was driving the car (and quite slowly too, I must say). In fact, when I returned to Spain after my stay in the UK I didn't know at which side to look when I was going to cross a street.  :bigsmile:

I've just watched the concert dvd, it seems that each the video for each song was put together from a few sources, I noticed it from Adrian's vest, just before his solo on Wasted Years the vest is unbuttoned and you can see a pentagram on the shirt underneath, and in the next frame it's all buttoned up again. :D Same thing during his solo on ROTAM. :D

I've noticed that they have used the exact same concert footage for the movie. I guess that they first put the concert together and then used parts from it to put in the documentary.

Another thing - it would have been really cool if they sometimes showed the Bruce backstage scenes together with the audience's view at the same time (split screen like in the tv show 24 :D), the best example would be Powerslave when Bruce "appears" behind the flames, a much more interesting view is from the audience. Or at the very beginning when they run out to the stage, or when Bruce throws the Union Jack to the guys backstage etc.

And finally - no giant mummy Eddie during Iron Maiden - that's a big shame because live it looked amazing and really life-like.

Ok, the part in Wasted Years where Bruce lets Adrian sing is..... :yey: I already knew H could sing well but that was just awesome!

gulranek said:
And finally - no giant mummy Eddie during Iron Maiden - that's a big shame because live it looked amazing and really life-like.

True, but it was expected, as they did not use the mummy during the first leg of the tour.
XoRRoX said:
I am pretty sure, that it was For The Greater Good of God, that they were mixing...I hope it means the Donnington DVD is getting close to release :)

After having watched the DVD, I can tell that not only were they mixing a live versión of 'For the greater good of God', but also a live version of 'The longest day'.

About the mummy - I thought that they did use it in Los Angeles which was among the final shows of the leg...

gulranek said:
About the mummy - I thought that they did use it in Los Angeles which was among the final shows of the leg...

They used it in LA during the second leg of the tour, but not on the first leg.  ;)

I thought there was a re-release of Flight 666 happening. Well damn. Also good to Richie. He’s a nice young man.

Back