Final Leg of SBIT tour

looking forward to their comeback to Brazil in March. I will be there and hope this time they include...

WHERE EAGLES DARE (it seems they will play some Early Days tour songs)
THE EVIL THAT MEN DO
SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON (REPLACING THE RIME)
CAUGHT SOMEWHERE IN TIME

Cheers

You want them to replace the Rime of the Ancient Mariner now that it sounds better than ever? Insanity. In my opinion the "current" version of the song beats both the LAD version and the "Somewhere on Tour" version ... but to each his own.

If I could pick one song from the setlist to replace with Seventh Son, I would very easily pick Fear of the Dark. They've played it many times before and they will certainly play it again.

Rime of the ancient mariner will not be replaced surely,at least I think.Powerslave too.
My opinion is that songs from the first four albums could replace a song from seventh son of a seventh son or from somewhere in time if they want change the setlist including songs from the first four albums.
If they want to extend the setlist it's better....but I don't think this will happen.We know iron maiden.
It's hard to think they could play other songs from somewhere in time like stranger in a strange land,or some other song from seventh son of a seventh or infinite dreams,it's hard to think.
If they want to do a good mix of songs from 1980 to 1988 they should extend the set,at least,for a last time,seen that they have other plans for the future and seen that this the last time they play many of these songs.

"Songs from the Early Days era" in reality means Wrathchild (100% certainty that they'll play this rare gem) and possibly Die With Your Boots On or 22 Acacia Avenue.

Agreed. The whole SBIT setlist was one big dissapointment for me. They'll probably call it a day sometime around 2015, leave Somewhere In Time forgotten and Seventh Son non-revisited. I just don't get it, they seem to ignore this record all over again, it's personal favourite of many many fans and it belongs to "golden years".

Ah well...i just hope that somehow some quality pro-shot footage of SIT tour will appear. Japan shows were filmed...

For me they can play 22 Acacia Ave in loop throughout the night ! It would be a gift for me to watch it live. Not to mention Where Eagles Dare which as an opener would be like a 10 ton kick in the ass ! Great !

I did enjoy the 2008 version of The Rime. Don't think it beats the legendary World Slavery Tour performances of it, but it was great anyways. That's a good suggestion to drop Fear of the Dark and replace it with SSOASS !

cheers

Perun said:
Ah, new clairvoyant predictions there...

You don't understand,everytime you don't understand nothing.
I don't know if you listen the interview,bruce said that they are following a ten years plan done five years ago,so in 2003,and so clearly until 2013.

I think the point is that nothing is for sure until it's set in stone, or at least, on the official website.

If they have this ten-year plan, it doesn't necessarily mean that they'll quit right after they've gone through with this plan.  So it's way too early to make predictions. :)

Instead of ten year plans, it should be five year plans.  That's never gone wrong before.

It was better than no-plan that drunken dickhead came up with.

The Clairvoyant said:
Exactly,now it's five years plans....but five years ago it was ten years plan.

Come on, man.  I even explained it 2 posts later.

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Back