Final Leg of SBIT tour

national acrobat

Ancient Mariner
More dates announced on offish http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... cleid=1019

February 2009:-
Fri 13th - UAE - Dubai Media City Amphitheatre
Sun 15th - India - Bangalore Royal Challenge Rock In India
Fri 20th - New Zealand - Auckland.  Mount Smart Stadium
Sat 21st - New Zealand - Christchurch. AMI Stadium
Wed 25th - Mexico - Monterrey Estadio Technologico.
Thurs 26th - Mexico - Guadalajara Arena VFG Jalisco.
Sat 28th - Mexico - Mexico City Fero Sol Stadium Complex

1st - 29th March 2009 - South and Central America.
Details to be advised soon.

*Fingers crossed for a Clive Aid gig at Brixton*

Says Steve Harris, "We will once again be loading onto the plane as much of the production and stage set as we can ram in, along with arranging plenty of pyro for all the shows!!  We will also be changing round the set list and replacing some of the songs, mainly with songs from the first four albums as the Early Days tour a few years back didn't visit any of these places so we thought the fans would like to hear some of that even earlier material. This tour is likely to be the last time we play many of these songs live so we really will be giving it everything we have got!"

The first omen that they'll call it quits in a few or so years... :(

Excellent, waiting for brazilian dates!
Hope they change at least, 7 songs in the set. Want to hear Phantom of The Opera, as Steve said that they will do songs from the Eddie Rips Up Tour '05!

Bad news: They're continuing their greatest hits tour.
Good news: It might not be so much of a greatest hits tour.

But then, what the tour's value is depends on what they play.  If they swap Moonchild, Wasted Years, Rime, The Clairvoyant, Powerslave, or Aces High for Wrathchild, Running Free, or Sanctuary, then it's even more of a greatest hits tour.  Now, if they play Transylvania, Phantom of the Opera, Murders in the Rue Morgue, Killers, Children of the Damned, To Tame a Land (unrealistic), or 22 Acacia Avenue then it's worth it.

At first I didn't like it, but now I'm not so much against this, as they're touring in a lot of less-visited places.  The Maiden fans in those places deserve to see Maiden, and the new album can wait half a year because of that.

I was just typing a long post here, and I see Invader said the same as I was trying to say, but in fewer words. What he said.

I didn't expect they'd still continue this tour! Let's hope this final leg will kick their arses for the next studio album.   :)

Looking forward to the setlist (probably more LAD), finally I can see it as soon as they hit the stage!  :D

I was right with most of my predictions!! Woot!

Still no Singapore as predicted though, nor Australia, so there still might be some more shows to be announced besides the ones indicated.

Hunlord said:
I hear from an inside source that Easter Island is on the cards, but keep that quiet.

Screw that rumour, I have a better one.

Iced Earth + Iron Maiden = Mexico

GuineaPig said:
I was right with most of my predictions!! Woot!

Still no Singapore as predicted though, nor Australia, so there still might be some more shows to be announced besides the ones indicated.

They have to announce yet south and central american dates.....according to the predictions they should play in australia too!!

Beware for The Predictions of The Clairvoyant!

51ptLH0rfRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I love this guy he's almost as good as thousand_suns. Back on topic, I don't have much to say because this wont effect me but I'm glad they've taken a liking to India and I'm also happy for the fan's from the countries where they've never toured.

For most longtime fans a ''greatest hits'' tour is not necessary. But I'm 17 years old, and I discovered maiden last year. So to watch them perform all the classics from the 80's was a nice introduction to their live performance!

I'm just hoping they announce some dates in the UK as they've only played in Blighty once on this greatest hits tour, yet they are playing numerous dates in other countries.  :(. It is only right that they play to new audiences or to people who havent had a chance to see them in a long time, but I would also like to get an other opportunity to see them again sometime soon. If they don't play the UK again before the new album it will probably be 2010 before I get to see them again.

Perhaps their drive behind the entire tour was playing loads of new places, or places they've missed since the mid-80s? If so, it's understandable that Donington, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle and all these familiar places don't tempt them so much.

Back