Final Frontier album tabs

If you're not sixty, you should know that guitar pro isn't some magic song writing program. It's an easy way to write tabs, and it plays the tabs YOU WROTE for you. It's not automated or anything: every guitar pro file you download from the web is a tab someone wrote in the program.

Mega said:
If you're not sixty, you should know that guitar pro isn't some magic song writing program. It's an easy way to write tabs, and it plays the tabs YOU WROTE for you. It's not automated or anything: every guitar pro file you download from the web is a tab someone wrote in the program.
Yeah, smart ass, I know it very well, but if you have poor ears it serves for nothing. Machine is nothing without men.

Again, the ability to learn songs just by listening to them has nothing to do with creativity. The only thing this ability is giving you is the chance to play cover songs, which are the farthest thing from your so called originallity as possible.

Well, it all depends on how open is your mind. Mine is very wide open and I like how the old ways were done. I like to create and discover. Guitar Pro can be very useful, but it's limited when you rely upon it and in turn, you start to get limited, too, as much as people who sit down and only learn other peoples music. After you get used to it, you have to keep away from it and play with your creativity.

What the hell man.
The only thing you are doing is condescending me, like I'm some sort of a dumbass. If you wanna argue that's fine with me, but you have to bring valid points rather than use ad hominem.

I'm bringing a lot of valid points, but it might be affecting you as you're getting so bent out of shape. What can I do, then? :halo:

Did you check my tab to say a guitarpro one is better?! 'Cos after all, if the GP tabber has shit ears, you'll learn the song wrongly, mate! <_<

In this very specific case, the guitar pro tab is really bad.
But someone like me could use it, and his ears, to figure out how to really play it with ease.

Also, the ones with "bad ears" are not the ones writing the good tabs: they are the ones using them to improve.

In short, writing guitar pro tabs is something people do for other people and for themselves: a really big part of them are really good and accurate, and in this aspect, the only difference between it and writing it flat out on paper is the ability to help people who have trouble with the song, or want to learn them fast.

Everybody wins, no harm done.

So you could learn from a text tab, too.

You struggled to come to the conclusion I said 2000 years ago - good ears makes good tabs, bad ears make bad tabs, no matter the format.

But it makes so much more sense to just use the program! It's quick and easy!

I mean, think about it this way: you're the only one to use this tab you wrote ever. What's wrong with cutting the time it takes to write the tab to nothing by using it? And you can play along with an entire band if it's an original song, something that the paper will never give you.

RSE means that the sounds are recordings, but some of the available sounds are midi.

Jeffmetal said:
On MOM is all guitars, on the other 2 it's only H.

Really? H does come from the right speaker on all these, right?

Jeffmetal said:
So you could learn from a text tab, too.

I could, but text tabs rarely have note durations. This irks me, particularly for solos.

No. Since BNW, the guitarrists don't hold up their positions as set on stage all the time. Check this breakdown I did for BNW on where each guitarrist is during the songs. They change position on the channels within an only song.

BRAVE NEW WORLD (2000)

01) The Wicker Man (Smith/Harris/Dickinson) - 4:35
Lick during the choruses - Dave Murray

Dave - Left channel
Adrian - Central Channel
Janick - Right channel

02) Ghost Of The Navigator (Gers/Dickinson/Harris) - 6:50
Dave - Left channel
Adrian - Central channel
Janick - Right channel

1:48/2:50 & 3:33/4:35, also during instrumental section  - Adrian on the right channel, Janick in the center

03) Brave New World (Murray/Harris/Dickinson) - 6:18
Dave - Central channel
Adrian - Left channel
Janick - Right channel

During verses and chorus
Dave - Left channel
Adrian - Central channel
Janick - Right channel

04) Blood Brothers (Harris) - 7:14
Dave - Central channel
Adrian - Left channel
Janick - Right channel

After Dave's solo:
Dave - Left channel
Adrian - Central channel
Janick - Right channel

After Janick's solo:
Dave - Central channel
Adrian - Left channel
Janick - Right channel

05) The Mercenary (Gers/Harris) - 4:42
Dave - Left channel (right channel on his solo)
Adrian - Central channel (left channel on his solo)
Janick - Right channel

06) Dream Of Mirrors (Gers/Harris) - 9:21
Dave - Right channel
Janick & Adrian - Left channel

On the instrumental part:
Dave & Janick - Left
Adrian - Right
After Janick's solo, a third guitar with a 3rd interval is added on the central channel (Adrian)

07) The Fallen Angel (Smith/Harris) - 4:00

-On the intro a guitar with 3rd interval appears on the central channel (Adrian)
Dave - Left channel
Adrian - Central channel (Lick on the chorus on the left channel)
Janick - Right channel

08) The Nomad (Murray/Harris) - 9:06
Dave - Central channel
Adrian - Left channel
Janick - Right channel

-Lick on the chorus, Adrian (Left channel)
-Melody on instrumental orchestrated part by Dave Murray

09) Out Of The Silent Planet (Gers/Dickinson/Harris) - 6:25
Dave - Central channel
Adrian - Left channel
Janick - Right channel

-Guitar main melody with octave interval by Adrian & Janick

10) The Thin Line Between Love & Hate (Murray/Harris) - 8:26
Dave - Left channel & Central channel on solos
Janick & Adrian - Right channel

-Lick in chorus on the right channel by Janick
-Dave Murray - 2:11/2:22
-Dave Murray - 3:08/3:19
-Guitar duets before next Dave's solo by Janick (Right channel) and Adrian (Central channel)
-Dave Murray - 4:50/5:20
-Lick by Dave Murray (Central channel)
-Dave Murray - 6:31/6:43
-Lick by Adrian (Left channel) & Dave (Right Channel)
-Janick Gers - 6:54/7:05 (Central channel)
-Lick by Adrian (Left channel) & Dave (Right Channel)
-Lick by Dave Murray

Back