Final Frontier album tabs

Mega

Ancient Mariner
It's amazing! The album's only a couple of weeks old and already all of the songs have tabs. And they are pretty good too!
The only thing missing is The Talisman. Pretty easy on most cases but some parts are harder.
Anyone have tabs for this song?

I made out all of the songs by ear, but didn't put them on tabs. The Talisman has also the guitars in drop D. The verse chords are - D5, D5+ or Bb/D, C5/D, D5 with the low D and open A, D5dim

|------------------------|---------------------------|-------------------|-----------------|
|-----------------------|----------------------------|-------------------|-----------------|
|-----------------------|----------------------------|-5--------------5-|-----------------|
|-7-----------------7--|-8----------------------8-|-5--------------5-|---------6--------|
|-5--5--55-5-5-5-5-|-5--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-5-5-5-5-5-5-5-|-0------5--------|
|------------------------|---------------------------|--------------------|-0---------------|

I think your tabs are wrong BTW.
I think there's an F5 after the D variations, and a C5 after that.

I didn't put all the figures, just the first. After the first figure, there's a Dm, C5, then F5, C5 (only the 4ths of the chords), then D5 and C5 (only the 4ths of the chords). Also, you said you already nailed it, so there's no problem.

Yes, it is. Just listen to the chord before the D5dim chord, it's a low D. Mother Of Mercy, The Alchemist and The Talisman are all in drop D.

Jeffmetal said:
Yes, it is. Just listen to the chord before the D5dim chord, it's a low D. Mother Of Mercy, The Alchemist and The Talisman are all in drop D.

When you say they're in dropped D, are you talking just about Adrian or all the guitars?

Hey, I just saw this:

Jeffmetal said:
|------------------------|---------------------------|-------------------|-----------------|
|-----------------------|----------------------------|-------------------|-----------------|
|-----------------------|----------------------------|-5--------------5-|-----------------|
|-7-----------------7--|-8----------------------8-|-5--------------5-|---------6--------|
|------------------------|---------------------------|--------------------|-0---------------|

Pro tip: put it in a code tag (the button with a # sign).

Code:

Oh dear. Oh my. I put that in the code tag, expecting the barlines to even out, expecting it make sense ... oh dear H, it really is that bad. :blink: :eek: :S <shakes head and walks away>

:p

I think the problem of the 21st century is exactly these softwares, 'cos after all, primitives with great ears like I do all the job of learning and tabbing for the modern robots pick all served up on a plate to just consume. Of course it has its pros and can be very at hand when you've no time to sit and learn a song to play in a few days or hours with a band.

Well, maybe one day, I'll sit with enough patience to use these virtual gizmos properly. :p

I love guitar pro, my (guitar playing) life got so much easier.

I don't even sit down to learn the song: I play the tab and play along, and usally after a couple of times I remember it if it's not too complex.

About getting the tune by ears: It's a different approach, and it can be fun sometimes when there are no tabs, but I'd rather play in my spare time then try to figure out songs.

EDIT: It's also great for writing tabs/songs: Takes really basic knowladge of note durations and use of the number keys. It's also great to listen to stuff you wrote and play along.

Mega said:
I love guitar pro, my (guitar playing) life got so much easier.

I don't even sit down to learn the song: I play the tab and play along, and usally after a couple of times I remember it if it's not too complex.

About getting the tune by ears: It's a different approach, and it can be fun sometimes when there are no tabs, but I'd rather play in my spare time then try to figure out songs.

EDIT: It's also great for writing tabs/songs: Takes really basic knowladge of note durations and use of the number keys. It's also great to listen to stuff you wrote and play along.

That's why there are so many crap bands around. No creativity, no recognizable sound, vibrato, nothing. To me, it's a bit like using telepromoter to sing right, you lose the warmth of the art.

But don't worry... as long as people like I exist, your Guitar Pro will always be around. And those who don't like text tabs, just leave it alone 'cos everytime I put tabs files here, there's always complaining. Sit your asses on the chair and learn the songs, then.

What the hell are you talking about? What does guitar pro have to do with creativity?

Things changed quite a bit. I don't know how old are you, but I saw and see musicians progressively getting lazy after all this paraphernalia. It's hit the button and it's there. Automation and it KILLS CREATIVITY. No wonder there are more and more robots and crap bands around.

Back