Favourite song that Janick Gers and Steve Harris made

What's your favorite song by Gers and Harris?

• The Apparition

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weekend Warrior

• Lord Of The Flies

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • The Unbeliever

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Mercenary

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Dream Of Mirrors

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The Pilgrim

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • The Legacy

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • The Talisman

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • The Book of Souls

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Shadows of the Valley

• Total voters
"The Book Of Souls". The second half of that song is the best thing Gers has ever co-written.
It isn't that original enough to call it the best thing ever written. Losfer Words kind of riff.

Last edited:
That was tough. I went with Dance of Death, but The Talisman, The Legacy, and The Book of Souls would come close.

''Dance Of Death'' without a doubt.

SOTV is close second - I just love this song, it has a modern sounding.

Steve/Janick is the best writing combo of the reunion era. There are many 10/10 songs on that list, but my pick is The Talisman.

Thought you guys could help me with something:

Some comments on a Youtube-video stated "Lord of the Flies" was written during the Fear of the Dark-sessions. (I think it was one of the uploads of the Death on the Road-performance.)

Misinformation, an attempt to discredit Blaze-era Maiden or true? Has anyone heard this before?

Thought you guys could help me with something:

Some comments on a Youtube-video stated "Lord of the Flies" was written during the Fear of the Dark-sessions. (I think it was one of the uploads of the Death on the Road-performance.)

Misinformation, an attempt to discredit Blaze-era Maiden or true? Has anyone heard this before?

There's some quotes on how LOTF was written in luisma's book, I'll check out the wording tomorrow, but I don't recall any mention of it being a leftover.

Back