Favourite (non-Maiden) albums by bandmembers

srfc

Ancient Mariner
Van HalenII for Steve and Adrian?
That's a surprise.
I've got a flexi disc that came free with Metal Hammer in 92 which contains and interview with Steve (and Bruce). He says they were trying to get Van Halen on the bill for Donington 92.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
You can add a couple of Van der Graaf Generator's albums to Bruce's list:

Pawn Hearts
H to He Who Am the Only One

You can hear some of that on Empire of the Clouds.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Steve really likes Beckett's only album (no shit Sherlock! :lol:) and Nektar's A Tab in the Ocean.

Both Steve and Bruce are big fans of that masterpiece that is Argus by Wishbone Ash.

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Didn't he once state - during some interview - that he really liked Soul Cages by Sting and also Soundgarden?
He also likes Benito Lertxundi, but neither of his albums nor those you have highlighted tend to be mentioned by him when talking about his favourite albums of all time. ;)

Black Abyss Babe

Ocean soul
Both Steve and Bruce are big fans of that masterpiece that is Argus by Wishbone Ash.
Surprised it took so long for this to be mentioned. Steve said that if anyone wanted to understand the twin guitars in the early Maiden albums all they needed to do was listen to Argus. So I did and guess what? Steve was right!

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Surprised it took so long for this to be mentioned. Steve said that if anyone wanted to understand the twin guitars in the early Maiden albums all they needed to do was listen to Argus. So I did and guess what? Steve was right!
Argus is definitely one of my desert island discs. An absolute masterpiece.

Black Abyss Babe

Ocean soul
Argus is definitely one of my desert island discs. An absolute masterpiece.
Agreed. I actually ended up seeing Wishbone Ash live last month, when they came to Southampton. I was aware of a great sense of gratitude - to them because they inspired Maiden, and also to Steve because if he hadn't named them as a primary influence I would never have heard of them. And I would have missed out on one hell of a great band!

GhostofCain

Ancient Mariner
Agreed. I actually ended up seeing Wishbone Ash live last month, when they came to Southampton. I was aware of a great sense of gratitude - to them because they inspired Maiden, and also to Steve because if he hadn't named them as a primary influence I would never have heard of them. And I would have missed out on one hell of a great band!
Do not miss Martin Turner (bass player/singer of classic Wishbone Ash) if he plays in your neck of the woods. Probably more classic Wishbone Ash nowadays than Andy Powell's band.