Favourite Iron Maiden Drummer

Who is your favourite Iron Maiden drumer?

• Doug Sampson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clive Burr

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Nicko McBrain

Votes: 17 77.3%

• Total voters

The_7th_Son

Ancient Mariner
Ok, I know, not much choice really, but seeing as there is a poll for every other member of the band (other than bassist of course [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) I thought it was a matter of time before this one was made. Here it is to make the members polls complete.

I like Nicko but to be very honest Clive is my fave!!! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Although Nicko's technique is far superior, I personally prefer Clive's style of drumming. [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nicko without the shadow of a doubt.

As for Thunderstick, he still somewhat endorses a fan's webpage:

[a href=\'http://www.thunderstick.co.uk/home.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.thunderstick.co.uk/home.html[/a]

Cheers

I personally like Clive's drumming more. Nicko's good technically but Clive has more feel and I find Nicko's drumming on the post-1988 albums quite average and not very creative. But that's just an opinion and I'm no drummer.

Nicko. A legend in his own right [!--emo&:bow:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/bowdown.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'bowdown.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I myself voted for Nicko. Although i love Clive's style, Nicko's technique does it for me aswell as him being such a great bloke.

Burr and McBrain are both awesome, i love it all but personally i like some of maidens newer stuff lately, so i vote for Nicko McBrain

I can't really choose : I like them both, but I vote for Nicko. Clive is very close. They're very different.

But one thing is sure : I don't like Doug Sampson drumming ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Nicko. Like his drumming on Sign of the Cross (not the Rock in Rio one, the proper one).

Clive's playing is straighter and simpler but has lots of power etc.

Nicko's playing is very complex and full of power, too - my vote goes to Nicko.

I prefer Clive's drumming on his own stuff like Run To The Hills and Phantom

Clive's drumming on Killers takes the cake for me, but I do dig the man with the large nose [!--emo&B)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cool.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cool.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

from what people say here, it would seem like at least 11 persons (included me that is) voted Nicko McBrain.... still, only 9 votes are registered [!--emo&:huh:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/huh.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'huh.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

i voted for clive because he is a great drummer my favorite album out of the ones he worked on was killers because his drumming is just outstanding. he is fast, has a lot of energy, and he is just very taleneted. nicko is a great drummer in his own way. them two are very different but i think its awesome that nicko taught himself to double bass with one pedal the way he does. but my vote went to clive for his technicality and speed rock on mutha f**kas!

Nicko got my vote. For example, in Somewhere In Time drumming is awesome.

Burr has the technique and substance, Nicko has the flailing insanity.

Burr, methinks.

I chose nicko, cuz I just love his style of drummin', very percise & powerful.
clive is awesome too, ture about the groove & feel, But nicko is just my fav out of the two.

Back