Favorite Maiden Album (2010 Edition, voting closed)

What is your favorite Iron Maiden album?

• Iron Maiden

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Killers

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • The Number Of The Beast

Votes: 19 7.7%
  • Piece Of Mind

Votes: 29 11.7%
  • Powerslave

Votes: 33 13.3%
  • Somewhere In Time

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son

Votes: 48 19.4%
  • No Prayer For The Dying

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Fear Of The Dark

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • The X Factor

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • Virtual XI

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Brave New World

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Dance Of Death

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • A Matter Of Life And Death

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • The Final Frontier

Votes: 19 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still cant see Seventh Son been bettered by The Final Frontier - at this moment, so I will stick with Seventh Son.

This album is the most solid and consistent album they have done and I can't think of many other albums by any other band that can top it. For me, the only low point of it is the title track - and even that is a great bit of music.

SSOASS is still my favourite. Has been since the day I first listened to it. Maiden at their creative peak, top performances from all five members. The atmosphere of the album is great. The only thing I don't really love about it is the somewhat out-of-place atmosphere of Can I Play With Madness.

Powerslave for me. SSoaSS, Somewhere in Time not far behind.

@ Albie, the title track is the weakest point of SSoaSS ? :blink:

Somewhere In Time. Awesome guitar melodies and bass lines. Apart from Heaven Can Wait (and maybe Déjà Vu), every track belongs to my top 20 of Maiden songs.

SSOASS comes right behind. It has cooler cover though, imo.

Unknown One said:
@ Albie, the title track is the weakest point of SSoaSS ? :blink:
Yes, it just so happens the rest is better. On any other album, it would stand as one of the better tracks.

But that's just my opinion. ;)

Seventh Son... is special to me, because it was the first Maiden album I ''got into'' 100%, but I now think The X-Factor is their best. It's just more real; heavy mood, sorrowful leads, depressing lyrics... it just seems like they guys thought ''We know we created something true and unique, so fuck everyone else!''.

The Final Frontier does have some potential, but so far it's not really a grower for me.

AMOLAD is my favourite partly for nostalgic reasons (it was the first album I bought when it came out and I was still discovering Maiden then).  TFF didn't manage to take its place.

Piece of Mind for me.  It was one of the first Maiden albums I heard back when this was all new to me in 1991 has aged very well with time.  I even like the two lesser tracks most point to as the obvious flaws.

My other two favorites are Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time.

I can guarantee you Final Frontier will never be my favorite Maiden album, but it certainly has the potential to become my favorite of their reunion material.

A Matter of Life and Death. A full album of real world lyrics with depth and profundity that will always be miles better than the fantasy/myth/storytelling lyrics that supplied the bulk of the soi-disant "classic era". Don't get me wrong I love all of those songs too but they have nothing on the angry religious and political themes of AMOLAD.
Number of the Beast has to be number two. Only three of the songs are a little weak, and two of those have a special place in my heart anyway.
After that the ranking gets muddled. Brave New World and Piece of Mind are probably pretty high. Can't say I've ever liked Somewhere in Time and Seventh Son as much as most people seem to. Just don't get the attraction, not that I don't appreciate them of course.

MEATALIST said:
In ten years' time you will have realized that Revelations, The Trooper, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Flight of Icarus, Where Eagles Dare, and To Tame A Land could take the top 7 on every other album in a fight. Icarus is scrappy!
:yey: My favourite album is Powerslave, but I love Iron Maiden so much that this is a difficult question. Love Prance

Back