Favorite alco drink

Another Thursday, another round of Angry Orchards. Wasn't a fluke, this stuff is really good... even if I do keep singing "Fear of the Dark" while I'm drinking.

Purchased myself some Lilley's ciders yesterday. https://www.lilleyscider.co.uk/

I got the Mango, Lemon & Lime, Apple & Blackberry, Gladiator, Crazy Goat and Fire Dancer. Fire Dancer was alright, very... appley. Currently on the Mango and it's delicious.

Just tried Newcastle Brown. Better than expected
Newkie Brown is odd - indubitably an ale but taste is quite reminiscent of Marmite ... :confused:
Geordie glue! Beermats will never be removed from a table once stuck to it. I recently heard a story that it became popular because most of the local beer sold on tap a few decades ago was awful, but Brown Ale was sold in bottles and kept better.

So my wife gave me Whisky Calendar for this December, with a small sample of a different whisky every day till the 24th. So far I've had both scotch, bourbon and even a Welsh one, called Penderyn Legend, which I had never even heard about before. There's bound to be some Irish and Japanese ones along the way too, and hopefully some suprises and rarities as well. All in all a great way to try out other stuff than the bottles I usually keep at home :)

I got my boyfriend some Penderyn whisky for Christmas a few years ago. Simply because I knew it was one he wouldn't already have tried!

He thought it was good.

Well, it was drinkable, but I wasn't impressed. I think I get what it was going for, flavour-wise, but there was an almost chemical-like taste that didn't do anything good.

Back