European Politics

A bit disappointing that you don't want to be informed, but that your choice. Anyway, GDP - per capita (PPP) is higher in Ireland and look at one stat then if you wish:

Population below poverty line UK
14% (2006 est.)
Population below poverty line Ireland
5.5% (2009)

Lots of poor people have no will (or chance) to do that. And mind you, the UK is typically an immigration country. The Brits are very focused on their own islands, in bad or good times. They mistrust the EU.
It would be interesting to see how much of the immigrant population of the UK is below the poverty line!

And mind you, the UK is typically an immigration country. The Brits are very focused on their own islands, in bad or good times. They mistrust the EU.

Last year 1.16 million Britons left the country and 1.19 million foreigners moved to the UK - net difference of just 30,000 people.
Three countries in the EU have long-term resident British communities of more than 200,000.

Well it shows the Brits want to get out of there. More than 1 million per year? Holy cow.
All to the Eurozone.

But 200.000 in the Netherlands sounds like a lot though.

Well it shows the Brits want to get out of there. More than 1 million per year? Holy cow.
All to the Eurozone.

No. Most of them left for Singapore, Hong Kong and China. The largest British communities in general are in Australia, Canada, the US and Dubai.

I suspect this is because the proportion of the Scottish population who are immigrants isn't as high as in England. White British is no longer the dominant ethnicity in London!

I knew there were several major towns in England, but I never heard of London being one of them.

Back