European Politics

If we ever live in a post-scarcity world, capitalism will evaporate while democracy needn't, but we are obviously a long way from that.
Sure, I’d acknowledge in the abstract that if we ever manage to remove resource scarcity, new options may appear. But in the world of today, as far as I know, democracy has never been successfully decoupled from capitalism (though the converse has occurred).

Democracy has nothing to do with Capitalism. If there was a relation the workplace in Capitalism would be democratic which it isn't by any means.
Capitalism was better than the systems it replaced and somehow it happened organically. It helped the human society advance in many ways. Its major and obvious flaw is that human is not in the centre of it, profit is. Or capital if you like. Money since its birth has the interest and the debt inside it, thus the need for growth it's endless, which except inhuman is also unsustainable. It looks like a cancer really.
Thus in time, Capitalism will be replaced from something better that will serve human society's interests and progress.

More on Democracy with this powerful video. Dutch (or were they French) activists show no Mercy to Macron; see 1:07. Goosebumps. At 1:55 when audience starts to applaud I felt instantly proud for Europe.

Hey, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the relationship between democracy and capitalism. It's an interesting perspective that highlights the flaws and limitations of the current system.
By the way, I recently came across a website called Politiq while browsing online. It's a platform where you can express your thoughts about upcoming elections and political events. It might be a cool place for you to engage in discussions and connect with like-minded individuals who share your interest in exploring alternatives to capitalism.
I'm new to this forum and excited to join the conversation. If you have any more insights or ideas to share, feel free to continue the discussion.

Last edited:
Opening of accession talks with Ukraine and Moldova? Recommendation to grant Georgia candidate status?
EU starts to look more and more like a NATO spinoff project.

In its report published today, the European Commission said that “despite Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022 and its brutal war of aggression, Ukraine has continued to progress on democratic and rule of law reforms”.
Talk about a country in the middle of a war with no clear path to victory with dissolved political rivals, consolidation of TV outlets and cancelled elections indefinitely. A country where a few days ago a top aide of President's rival received a grenade as a birthday gift that exploded and killed him in his own house.
"Democratic and rule of law reforms" in a country under martial law. This is clown-world territory.

I don't see how EU could have any future with such irrational decisions.

Sure, then EU should apply to be incorporated to USA directly that would be even more devastating blow for ruzzia plus we get rid of those Bruxelles middlemen and save taxpayers money yeah.

Yeah, sure. Whatever.

Talk about a country in the middle of a war with no clear path to victory with dissolved political rivals, consolidation of TV outlets and cancelled elections indefinitely. A country where a few days ago a top aide of President's rival received a grenade as a birthday gift that exploded and killed him in his own house.
"Democratic and rule of law reforms" in a country under martial law. This is clown-world territory.

And this is textbook ruzzian propaganda. Pathetic.

And this is textbook ruzzian propaganda. Pathetic.

What is pathetic is your smearing and labelling without any real argument. It's waste of time to make any conversation with you. So if it's propaganda can you please tell me what exactly from the above is a lie?

PS: I don't expect for you to answer anything clever or at all, it's a rhetorical question.

Last edited:
I have one answer for you. Ukraine is at war. You can't push them to have elections, when their country is in such crisis. It would be impossible to ensure safety of the voters, also there's law in Ukraine in which is said that there can't be elections during war time.
How to ensure people's right to vote in occupied territories? Etc. Etc, Etc.
Alone of this, your post loses smallest grain of credibility.

Dissolved political rivals? You can't argue with a straight face that Ukraine should not ban pro ruzzian parties, when the same ruzzia attacked Ukraine.

Regarding grenade, time will tell. You can't say Ukraine is a failed state because of that incident.

'Clown-world' - yeah, ruzzian propaganda actively calls Zelensky 'clown'.

Like I said, you're soaking wet in pro ruzzian narratives. PATHETIC!

Last edited:
So is it perfectly logical to you starting accession talks with a State depending on external aide in a devastating war and under martial law? A highly corrupt state I may add. Add to this Moldova and Georgia (also corrupt state) and you'll know that this has nothing to do with a rational and organic expansion of EU, rather than back door NATO which should be an entirely different thing.
And it was not so long time ago.

Yes, it will be one more signal for ruzzia to fuck off. We will not give up on Ukraine, piss off. About corruption, ha ha, another nice argument. Do you have any slighthest clue how big corruption is in ruzzia??? And if Ukraine will move towards Europe, this problem will be greatly diminished in Ukraine over time.
Yes, Ukraine should be in NATO. And I hope the day will come.

Last edited:
What is pathetic is your smearing and labelling without any real argument. It's waste of time to make any conversation with you. So if it's propaganda can you please tell me what exactly from the above is a lie?

PS: I don't expect for you to answer anything clever or at all, it's a rhetorical question.
And when I give you answer and arguments:
I have one answer for you. Ukraine is at war. You can't push them to have elections, when their country is in such crisis. It would be impossible to ensure safety of the voters, also there's law in Ukraine in which is said that there can't be elections during war time.
How to ensure people's right to vote in occupied territories? Etc. Etc, Etc.

Alone of this, your post loses smallest grain of credibility.

Dissolved political rivals? You can't argue with a straight face that Ukraine should not ban pro ruzzian parties, when the same ruzzia attacked Ukraine.

Regarding grenade, time will tell. You can't say Ukraine is a failed state because of that incident.

'Clown-world' - yeah, ruzzian propaganda actively calls Zelensky 'clown'.

Like I said, you're soaking wet in pro ruzzian narratives. PATHETIC!
You immediately change the subject. But Ukraine is corrupt! Not nice. Dirty playing. That's all.

And when I give you answer and arguments:

You immediately change the subject. But Ukraine is corrupt! Not nice. Dirty playing. That's all.

You give arguments to the points I never made my friend.

I never said Ukraine should do elections. Obviously they shouldn't as it's not safe. (For pro ruzzian parties I understand the argument but this doesn't change the fact that it's not democratic)
What I said is that for whatever reasons right or wrong, understandably or not, Ukraine is not a democracy right now. We can agree on that right?
This plus destroyed economy, plus no path to victory, plus corruption (nothing new here) all those factors should be a big no no to entering EU. EU is not a charity and it's not NATO. Antagonising Russia should not be a decisive factor to enter EU or not. This is what I said.

It's totally irrelevant the reason why Ukraine is not a democracy or a failed economy or corrupt. Ukraine or any other country that wants to join EU for that matter. As long as they are not up to certain standards they shouldn't granted accession talks. That's what I said.

And for fucks sake, look again how I used the expression clown-world how this has anything to do with Zelensky? Get real man.

I find myself in agreement. I'm very wary regarding a Ukraine accession into the EU as it is (and how it was pre-war). You need to meet the standards, and I think the 1-vote veto in the European Council needs to be abolished before we keep expanding anyway.

What I said is that for whatever reasons right or wrong, understandably or not, Ukraine is not a democracy right now. We can agree on that right?
I highly disagree. Ukraine is a young democracy. It's president and parties were elected in democratic elections. Unlike ruzzia and belarus, presidents of those two countries remain in power for how many years?..
Yet You choose to blame Ukraine, country which people want to live by Europe's standards, not russia's. Victim blaming is not a good thing.
Ukraine has it's problems, that is true, but they are willing to change and to seek better life.
You see the speck in Ukraine's eye, yet you choose to ignore the log in russia's eye, my friend.
I'll leave it at that.

Back