European Politics

Btw, Russia has been amassing troops at the Ukrainian borders for days now and analysts are unsure what to make of it.

So, just in case anyone was interested:

- our very pro-Russia President (bordering on downright servility and collaboration) tried to get us the Sputnik vaccine (though he himself had a shot of Pfizer) and forced our prime minister to change ministers into more pro-Russian ones (and pro-Sputnik ones as well) - we had a lot of changes in our government lately

- two years ago this president tried to denigrate the work of our intelligence agency (called them names, actually), about how incompetent they are

- last year he tried to get the names of Russian spies from this very agency, which was suspicious and weird

- however just as our minister of interior planned to travel to Russia to "strenghten bonds" and get the vaccine (despite our FDA has not allowed it) the aforementioned intelligence agency found out that the Russian spy network had been planning an attack in Bulgaria and their spies fucked something up and because of that we had a huge explosion here in Czechia that killed two our citizens

- so even the Prime Miniter, who is all nice and cozy with our President actually came out, blamed Russia for this and deported 18 employees of the Russian embassy that seem to have been connected to that.

- cue Russia deporting most of our Czech ambassadors and pretty much dismantling the Czech embassy

- cue us saying that if they won't take them back by the noon today, we will deport even more of their ambassadors

- cue Russia laughing in our face, saying how "threats have no effect" etc. and that we're going to be sorry and that we aren't supposed to enrage the "Shere Khan" and so on (is it, like, the first time in the last 800 years they had an ultimatum put upon them?) - didn't do anything

- so we did it and we deported even more of their ambassadors today

- this whole time the President has declined to comment on all of this until this Sunday (cue the jokes about how he's waiting for the notes from Kremlin or that why should we wait when Russia has already spoken etc.) It's more or less an open secret that he's probably going to be really angry and doesn't know what to do, because he has been really just a toady for both Russia and China for quite some time now.
He's actually pretty much the only European leader as of now who hasn't commented on this since.

- however it seems that his popularity and the mood in the general population seems to change. But we are under attack of many Russian trolls that get sourced by "independent" Russian-paid online newspapers etc.

I have mentioned many times over that our President of the past 8 years had strong similarities to Trump. Similar fanbase, too, although politically it's a bit more mangled (let's not even go there).

Although I have a much easier time complaining about and hating on him (well, "hating" in the way I can let myself do so in my conscience), because his opposition here is not as nightmarish as Trump's opposition in the current DemParty is (meaning progressive, hyper-liberal and hyper-woke; in the welfare issues we are all left here compared to the US, even most of the right is).

Just a small update: We still intend to deport tens of ambassadors, as we promised, but the Russian side, although they're still being dicks about it and vaguely threatening, seem to have said that they will "level up" the amount of our ambassadors there.

If that's true, then our stupid little country while having a President-collaborator still managed to make fucking Russia step down. I mean, a no mean feat.

Propaganda piece by some German conservative institute fueling the "we're not Eastern Europe" V4 trolls, based on HRE/Habsburg circlejerk where 'mitteleuropa' is the supposed heaven full of enlightened, cultured men while the rest is pretty much garbage, the Ottoman-tainted Balkans leading the group.

ncru0lyiqiw61.jpg

Propaganda piece by some German conservative institute fueling the "we're not Eastern Europe" V4 trolls, based on HRE/Habsburg circlejerk where 'mitteleuropa' is the supposed heaven full of enlightened, cultured men while the rest is pretty much garbage, the Ottoman-tainted Balkans leading the group.

ncru0lyiqiw61.jpg

Are you ranting about the term and/or the concept of Central Europe or did I get this wrong? 'Cause yes, it has its historical significance.

West Germany is apparently more akin to West Ukraine than to the Netherlands.
The Netherlands, are close to Scotland, but not to Luxembourg or Switzerland or something like that.

Central European cultural influence and shared issues are narrower than what that map depicts. That's the propaganda part.

And the funniest part, even though there's nothing funny about it really, is that even those guys are affronted:
Dude is an idiot, and a dangerous one.

Back