European Politics

Yeah but not unusual, especially in less transparent countries than Ireland.

Isn't this how leaks happen pretty much everywhere? Person in a position of power who has a bone to pick with another person in a position of power.

I despise that "autochthonous" shit, I hate even writing that word in English. It stems from 19th century national romantist crap (and beyond) where Yugos are Slavs and hence settlers, while Albanians are Illyrians and therefore indigenous people. Which isn't how human population works but who cares. The only thing I'm really driven about now is how that London-based bimbo from Kosovo is stirring up trouble. Imagine being a normal person from Albania and seeing this.

The idea that somebody can be "autochthonous" on the Balkans in the 21st century is beyond ridiculous.

The Greater Albania shit is the sickest concept one can support, be it openly or silently. And that's why I get mad at people like Dua Lipa or Xherdan Shaqiri - move to Albania and live happily ever after there if you want to, but don't mess up with people's heads from your millionnaire's high horses thousands of kilometers away.

There is possibly a mountain peak with a village of inbreds, somewhere, that could claim that prestigious award.

Btw Ariana, greater Albania is the only one riding the tide of victory right now. The potential to merge Kosovo with Albania is there it's just not popular in South Albania. The EU / USA and the rest of that block would happily consider supporting Kosovo/Albania merge if Serbia wasn't dancing with the idea of joining western alliances. I don't get why Kosovars/Albanians get the preferential treatment, while Croats and especially Serbs got slapped very hard for trying to assimilate their respective nationality's majority territories in foreign countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get why Kosovars/Albanians get the preferential treatment, while Croats and especially Serbs got slapped very hard for trying to assimilate their respective nationality's majority territories in foreign countries.
This is another reason why the whole thing is so annoying - everyone treats Albania the same way one would treat a slightly naughty but cute child, whose every prank is tolerated by its parents.

I have a sort of a theory in which western actors are hypersensitive to Albania/Kosovo because of what happened with Muslims in Bosnia in the 1990s under their watch. Not a political obligation from officials but a moral one from the people itself, like we're not allowing anything like that to happen again. So they're blind to the pranks done by the "victim". But the victim wasn't Muslims from there, they were from Bosnia and these Kosovars don't have anything to do with it, they're just exploiting the good natured feelings.

It might be far fetched, I just trying to figure the essence of this mindset that just acts blind to Albanian Kosovar irredentist threats and ultranationalist delusions of grandeur. If some other Balkan countries even start lurking around rhetoric of this type, the shitstorm commences immediately.

Some Ukrainian actor made a TV show in which he plays the main role of a teacher who is elected president of Ukraine. Few years later, he actually got elected as president of Ukraine.

Also, this is from yesterday:

Back