European Politics

Looks like Canada will be accepting more migrants - thank goodness. We should be doing so much more to help out the poor Poles, who clearly do not want any of those icky brown people.

Yes, poor, scared Poles. Brave Catholic nation who have fought so hard for freedom. Don't want to help refugees. They just bring disease.

Who did we help in the eighties (sending trucks of clothes and other stuff) Who did we send millions of money to rebuild the country, after being so much under oppression?

The Poles we helped. All the voters for this xenophobic party should take a look in the mirror and remember how they came to the point where they are now.

Or just let's throw it all away in a couple of years.

edit:
I realize that my phrasing could have been insulting. Not sure if it helps but instead of saying that the country is a xenophobic shit country, full of dumb people, now I'll (try!) to say:
a xenophobic country full of people with dumb ideas (thoughts about matters).

We can debate about "full" and "dumb", but the number of voters is huge, and their ideas, well, let's get into those if anyone out here is willing to defend the PiS party, and see how smart their ideology is.

Last edited:
Ah, all those butthurt, bitching lefties... That's the funniest thing about this election. (And, for the record, I don't support the winner party.)

Perhaps the reason that the left is failing in Europe is because its adherents are so venomous and vindictive whenever the right wing experiences success in a democratic election, surely a hypocritical move from those who claim to preach tolerance and freedom but throw a temper tantrum when individuals decide to vote 'the wrong way'. This is something I see a lot, most notably following the recent general election here in the UK.

Of course. That's obvious. Forostar's rant is particularly short-sighted. For example go and read about the tape scandal in Poland. It's one of the major reasons for the fall of the current government. Plus, Polish people are starting to show how tired of particracy we are and that's why some new, radical movements gain support. As a result of that, the left-wing is pushed out in this particular election.

I was just looking for some reason behind your weird, random remark.

How was that random? You said "Thank goodness left wing parties weren't elected". And "The funniest part of the election is seeing lefties bitching". That's good enough reason to assume you dislike the left wing.

How was that random? You said "Thank goodness left wing parties weren't elected". And "The funniest part of the election is seeing lefties bitching". That's good enough reason to assume you dislike the left wing.
Right. Not just dislike, but I simply have different views. So what? People can read, so I felt it was very random for you to just point that out.

Right. Not just dislike, but I simply have different views. So what? People can read, so I felt it was very random for you to just point that out.

I didn't judge you for anything, I have no idea why you're being so defensive. It's not clear that you dislike the left wing as a whole and that's why I'm asking the question: Do you dislike the left wing parties in Poland, or left wing politics in general? You're getting pissed off and jumping to conclusions for no reason.

You're constantly putting words in my mouth as well. Never have I said that your viewpoints were wrong. Never have I said that it was "weird" that you dislike left wing. You're bringing them up, then judging me for the conclusion that you've brought up. I think you're angry at someone else (probably Foro) and are just looking for a person to take your anger out on. My post wasn't a continuation of whatever debate you had with Foro, so there's no negative or positive connotation to it.

Last edited:
You're constantly putting words in my mouth. Never have I said that your viewpoints were wrong. Never have I said that it was "weird" that you dislike left wing. You're bringing them up, then judging me for the conclusion that you've brought up.
Now you are doing exactly that o_O I don't feel attacked. I know you're not trying to attack my views. I was just puzzled by why did you make that initial remark.

It's not clear that you dislike the left wing as a whole and that's why I asked the question:
You didn't ask me any question. You just made a statement and I wasn't sure about your intention.

Look, can we end this right now? It's pointless and ridiculous. It was my mistake to start this, I should have ignored.

Perhaps the reason that the left is failing in Europe is because its adherents are so venomous and vindictive whenever the right wing experiences success in a democratic election, surely a hypocritical move from those who claim to preach tolerance and freedom but throw a temper tantrum when individuals decide to vote 'the wrong way'. This is something I see a lot, most notably following the recent general election here in the UK.
I focus on substance, on what really goes on and mostly I try to put this into my posts. I do not cast aside human rights as if they are unimportant. I know there are other matters, but this is a radical and ignorant move, with dangerous consequences.

I preach tolerance when people are cast out, when people suffer. I do not preach tolerance for hollow (=incorrect) argumentation, thrown in the world by misleading populists.

Yes, I get venomous when I see how the past is forgotten and how sick certain ideas are. Sick ideas need to be addressed. Far rightwing nationalists have sick and dumb ideas. Do not tolerate such ideas, I say. Address them.

That's a great example of (a continuation of) misleading, bearfan.

My Polish wife has an uncle who lives States and he calls Obama a communist. You know why? Because Obama is not right wing. I have heard that many right wing people in the states do the same.

I have some news: that is wrong, you're misinformed!
And in Poland they are also misinformed: for many left wing is synonymous with communist: wrong and misinformed again.

... but everyone not left wing are idiots, do not care about human rights, intolerant racists, and on and on and on. Gotcha. There is the one and only true way (according to @Forostar ) All other ways should be obliterated .. in the name of tolerance.

That's a great example of (a continuation of) misleading, bearfan.

My Polish wife has an uncle who lives States and he calls Obama a communist. You know why? Because Obama is not right wing. I have heard that many right wing people in the states do the same.

I have some news: that is wrong, you're misinformed!
And in Poland they are also misinformed: for many left wing is synonymous with communist: wrong and misinformed again.
Dude, please. You act as if you're the most informed about the situation in Poland and you don't even live here. Or do you? You should be more humble.

I've always thought these images and stories of people calling Obama a communist had to be some sort of play/joke on the idea of American stupidity, you're telling me it is not so?!

Back