Dream Theater

I think they've done a good job bringing back some old deep cuts for the AVFTTOTW tour. The only issue is that I'm not massively into the new album itself. I'm still hyped to see them in a couple of weeks though.

There's actually something else interesting that has occured. They've dropped the prerecorded vocal tracks completely and instead Petrucci is singing LIVE now. His vocals are actually quite high in the mix. A very pleasant and refreshing change if you ask me.

I think they've done a good job bringing back some old deep cuts for the AVFTTOTW tour. The only issue is that I'm not massively into the new album itself. I'm still hyped to see them in a couple of weeks though.
I don´t care about their recent material (post Black Clouds stuff)

I'm a bit meh on the setlist, although there are a couple of cool choices. It has me wondering though what actual deepcuts I would like to see from them. In the Mangini era alone we've already gotten all of Images and Words, most of Awake, all of Scenes From a Memory, pretty much everything from the Mangini albums save for a few songs, and a large amount of the songs from other albums. The songs Octavarium and The Glass Prison stick out as due for a comeback but after that I'm not so sure. I appreciate that they haven't fallen into just playing the same songs every year.

Saw DT tonight. Impressions:
Awesome concert. I was sitting in the first row somewhere between LaBrie and Petrucci. Soon after they came on stage, Petrucci looked me in the eyes, I raised my hands and yelled, and he gave this light nod and smile. During Bridges in the Sky, LaBrie walked near me during the chorus, I was singing along and when he saw me, his reaction seemed like: “Someone knows the lyrics, nice!” Pretty cool experience sitting so close. Sound was great, LaBrie sounded alright, Petrucci’s backing vocals were decent. The only thing that bothered me was that the guys sitting on either side of me - middle-aged guys who were sitting quietly during the concert - both got a pick from Petrucci but I didn’t get one. All in all, one of the best concert experiences of my life.

And that's how you do a proper second leg of and album tour. Damn, if they were any closer I'd went again to see them.

But I must admit: Seeing County of Tuscany in Tuscany would be an event for itself.

Are they seriously playing in Gary, Indiana??
No Chicago (or hell, even Illinois date), either.

Nothing against the other two bands, but if I'm paying that much for a ticket I want to see a full evening with DT or them with two bands I really like.
These Gary shows are happening more and more (Armored Saint is opening up for WASP there this summer). To be fair, Gary is only 35-45 mins from Chicago. Far closer than all those shows out in St. Charles.

I think you really have to dig all three bands to be interested in this. The caliber of artists here is worth the price of admission for me. In fact, I wish the set times were divided evenly among the three even though Dream Theater can't do a whole lot with the shorter set times.

Not sure what it's like elsewhere but they are getting a pretty significant venue upgrade here in Denver.

I have a front row ticket on Petruccis side of the stage. It was like just over $100. That Spokane Venue is nice too, stage is super low so you can see the foot pedal work.

Full live video of DT's Tokyo stop last weekend...

Holy living fuck, LaBrie is awful. I've frequently been a LaBrie apologist, but this is a joke. 6:00 literally sounds like he's pranking us. Like, truly, he can't be that bad, he has to be kidding.

Last edited:
Back