Dream Theater

I haven't really been following lately - pray tell, who took over the "DAY AFTER DAY AND NIGHT AFTER NIGHT?" live? Is it still James?

Say what you will, but Count of Tuscany loses something with the weak-ass delivery of "LET ME INTRODUCE --- MY BROTHER!" here

I know most people hate latter-Portnoy pseudo-tough vocals, but they are energetic and hilarious and the alternatives are kinda worse...
James sings the Portnoy's verse. And he makes it a lot better.

It says "bonus track edition" with 21 tracks. They played a total of 20 different songs on that tour leg including the rotation of Paralyzed/Fall Into the Light. I wonder what the bonus track could be.
So... An intro tape is actually included as a part of the tracklist and the actual "bonus track" is Paralyzed. Hilarious.

That seems standard. Glad they’re including all the songs played.

Was the intro track something the band composed? Can’t remember what it was. Usually they don’t use the intro tracks on live albums if they didn’t write it.

@JudasMyGuide idk if you ever checked this out but Portnoy posted a few different versions of the growl section in ANTR on his forum shortly after the album came out. The band had tried doing it a bunch of ways because they couldn’t all come to an agreement for what to do. One of those versions was the way they played it on the recent tour.

Well I look forward to the DVD, mostly for the first set which was fantastic. I remember enjoying the show quite a bit and thought the new songs worked very well live. In some ways they worked better on stage than on the album, JLB also sounded really good at my show.

I am a little apathetic toward the Scenes portion of the dvd, not only do we have the entire album from the tour (on arguably the best DT live album), we also got a lot of it on the last live dvd. I am still glad this is coming out and don’t want to sound complain-y, but I look forward to more balanced setlists rather than a whole half dedicated to a particular album. Those have been fun, but I think most of the bases have been covered for awhile. I’d also really like to see the first set from the I&W anniversary tour released in some fashion.

I like the cover art, and I’m excited to hear an official live recording of A Nightmare to Remember, as well as other songs of course.

I haven't really been following lately - pray tell, who took over the "DAY AFTER DAY AND NIGHT AFTER NIGHT?" live? Is it still James?

Say what you will, but Count of Tuscany loses something with the weak-ass delivery of "LET ME INTRODUCE --- MY BROTHER!" here

I know most people hate latter-Portnoy pseudo-tough vocals, but they are energetic and hilarious and the alternatives are kinda worse...
That's a great album. First album I heard with DT - I was familiar with Pull Me Under, and then bought this album upon its release, and is subsequently in my DT top three.

I hope the live album doesn’t get the same production as Distance Over Time. I’m not a fan of the crushed-compressed sharp sound.

Same. The songs really breathed live, hope that is captured on the recording.

Doubt it. DT has opted for the stylistic choice of squashed modern metal. They didn't with ADTOE, and if I had to choose, I'd go with the following two (studio) albums sound. The less squashed vinyl versions, that is.

ADTOE is a good album though, and the intent with the production was good - Didn't quite gel in the end though.

Back