Dream Theater

I don’t see a problem with it. Part of the reason he left DT was supposedly that he wanted to try a lot of different things.

Dream Theater are on the cover of Prog magazine this month and it looks like they're discussing 'Scenes From A Memory':

I'm not going to read the magazine, but surely the European tour dates will be announced next week. I need to know.

surely the European tour dates will be announced next week. I need to know
giphy.gif

It's been more than a month since they said they'd be touring Europe in January and February. Why would do this? Just announce the fucking dates.

Dream Theater 2020 European tour
Jan 11: Amsterdam AFAS Live, Netherlands
Jan 12: Oberhausen Turbinenhalle 1, Germany
Jan 14: Stockholm Cirkus, Sweden
Jan 15: Stockholm Cirkus, Sweden
Jan 17: Helsinki Icehall, Finland
Jan 18: Oulu Teatri Oulu, Finland
Jan 20: Trondheim Spektrum, Norway
Jan 21: Oslo Spektrum, Norway
Jan 23: Hamburg Sporthalle, Germany
Jan 24: Helsingor Kulturvaerftet Hal 14, Denmark
Jan 26: Paris Seine Musicale, France
Jan 27: Lyon Halle Tony Garnier, France
Jan 29: Barcelona St Jordi Club, Spain
Jan 31: Madrid Wizink Center, Spain
Feb 01: Porto Gondomar Pavilion, Portugal
Feb 02: Lisbon Campo Pequeno, Portugal
Feb 05: Ludwigsburgc MHP Arena, Germany
Feb 06: Frankfurt Jahrhunderthalle, Germany
Feb 08: Budapest Arena, Hungary
Feb 09: Munich Zenith, Germany
Feb 11: Rome Palazzo dello Sport, Italy
Feb 12: Milan Mediolanum Forum, Italy
Feb 14: Zurich Samsung Hall, Switzerland
Feb 15: Prague Tipsport Arena, Czech Republic
Feb 16: Wroclaw Orbita Hall, Poland
Feb 18: Hannover Swizz Life, Germany
Feb 21: London Eventim Apollo, UK
Feb 23: Glasgow SEC Armadillo, UK

Tickets for the London show went on sale an hour ago. I was ready to go and watching the countdown hoping to get a seat close to the front for whatever it cost, but the venue website had different ideas. When I got to look at the seating chart the only available downstairs tickets were at the back. I didn't want to spend much time looking at the different options in case everything sold out so I just settled for a medium price ticket at the back of the downstairs section which I'm sure will have a good view anyway. Ticketmaster and SeeTickets had absolutely nothing available despite having event pages and apparently the resale websites already have tickets. I reckon the lack of available seats may have been down to a venue presale that I was unaware of or the venue just drip-feeding the seats in batches. I wasn't prepared to risk missing out though so I've settled for what I could get. A somewhat unsatisfactory ticket purchasing experience, but at least I got one.

DT started up the next US leg last night (I saw them in Houston months ago) and there's been a much wanted change. This has not been verified on YouTube or Blabbermouth yet but hopefully will be soon...

(Obviously a SPOILER if you click this)

A few days ago a second show was announced for London, this time on the Saturday - the day after the first show. I was in the queue at 10am yesterday when the tickets went on sale and managed to get a better seat than I did for the Friday show. I almost got a seat in the front row but clicked a millisecond too late. The seat I ended up with is still pretty good though so I am a bit more satisfied with it than my seat for the Friday show. This means I have tickets for both shows and will probably try to sell the Friday ticket so let me know if you're interested.

Show last night was same encore as night before so guess they really are finally playing THAT song so many have asked for on this tour

Back