Dream Theater

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
The other thing I noticed is that this setlist seems to cater pretty heavily to James. A lot of ballads, quite a bit of instrumental breaks in the second set (including DT's longest instrumental and a few songs that are probably mostly instrumental). With the exception of Under a Glass Moon, that whole second set gives James a lot of breaks and plenty of lower intensity vocal moments. First set, same thing. If he's struggling to pull off a friendlier set of songs that also includes most of their biggest hits, that's a bit concerning to say the least. We'll see where the rest of the tour goes.

The other thing I noticed is that this setlist seems to cater pretty heavily to James. A lot of ballads, quite a bit of instrumental breaks in the second set (including DT's longest instrumental and a few songs that are probably mostly instrumental). With the exception of Under a Glass Moon, that whole second set gives James a lot of breaks and plenty of lower intensity vocal moments. First set, same thing. If he's struggling to pull off a friendlier set of songs that also includes most of their biggest hits, that's a bit concerning to say the least. We'll see where the rest of the tour goes.
My first thought was how easy this set should be for him.

Back