DREAM THEATER SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> A Change Of Seasons wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
The Another Day solo was weird at first but it fits the song. Still probably the weakest song on the album, but that really only means it's a 9/10 when everything else is 10/10.

Another Day was probably my first favourite off the album but other songs are starting to take over slowly.

Also, NP, you need to get into jazz, there's no other way.

Hating that sax solo simply because it's a sax solo is incredibly narrow, imo. It fits the song and it's an absolutely beautifully played part. As someone who doesn't generally conform to "IT NEEDS MORE METAL RAWR!!!1" I would expect less narrow voting when it comes to Dream Theater.

Ha, I don't actually hate that solo. I even think it kinda fits, but the song overall is just a tad too cheesy compared to the rest of the album. And while Metropolis may be overrated, don't hate on the dun dun dun dee dundundun dee dundundun deet part where they all sync up before the "leaves have fallen" part after the "death is the first dancing turtle" part...

I have mixed feelings about Metropolis. On one hand, it has genius collaboration between the instruments and is intriguing rhythmically and melodically, on the other it seems disconnected, perhaps too "random" during certain parts. I just can't go through the song paying attention at all times.

If we're talking overrated songs, then Pull Me Under is far and away the most overrated song from Images and Words, and maybe even of the whole catalog.

Metropolis was my favorite DT song for a long time. Not as high on it as before but it's still a great song. Top 5 at worst.

Metropolis was probably the most difficult song for me to get into by any artist. It was so rewarding when it finally clicked though. I don't think the instrumental part is all that random after taking a closer look at the structure of the song, unlike at lot of other DT songs with extended instrumental parts.

As we move on from The Dominici Years, let's not forgot that Dream Theater was once a bunch of weirdos being lame in a basement:

Ytse, Killing Hand, Light Fuse, Set The Sun, Another Won, Glass Moon, Wait For Sleep, Live Forever.

Light Fuse, Afterlife, Set the Sun, Only a Matter, Another Won, Surrounded, Live Forever

SURVIVOR_RULES_017.jpg

Eliminated:
The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun - 11 votes
Another Won - 10 votes
Light Fuse & Get Away - 9 votes
To Live Forever - 9 votes
Status Seeker - 7 votes

Oh, shite. Most of the good songs off the first album are gone already. :(

Fortune, Ytse, Matter, Another Day (though I like it anyway), Surrounded, Wait for Sleep

Back