DREAM THEATER SURVIVOR 2016: Results -> A Change Of Seasons wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
DT and Opeth survivors won't top this year's editions for a long time, looking at the effort some people have taken. At least, it's hard to imagine they'd start all over again "soon". Same goes for other survivors with mega posts. Some people certainly have inspiration and time these days!

Well, it will be a few years before we get DT and Opeth survivors again I guess. At least until one of them releases new stuff and they both did quite recently so :)

I don't think members will put the same effort writing such long pieces on older albums. Not in a few years. I suppose these writings will stick with them (and us) for a while and will be used as reference. When opinion changes, adaptions will be made. But I don't think we'll see so much effort in these bands again.

I don't think members will put the same effort writing such long pieces on older albums. Not in a few years.
I'm just curious, Foro, why do you think this? Are you saying that all future survivors won't be as in-depth and have as much effort as these ones, or are you only talking about the next DT and Opeth Survivors?

I think he means those same survivors, which I can understand. I probably won't go so in-depth on DT or Opeth in the same way, but I do find the in-depth analysis to be interesting and repeatable. Maybe next time I'll focus on something specific instead of overall song and album quality (like focusing my discussion solely on lyrics, or melodies, or bass, etc)

Next time I will probably just focus on songs that my opinions have changed on. This one was already pretty interesting as it was my first time listening to some of this music since the peak of my DT fandom. In the case of Opeth, a lot of their greatness is just now being revealed to me. Stuff from the first 5 albums in particular that I hadn't noticed until this survivor. This latest survivor has probably cemented them in my top 5 favorite bands.

Back