Dream Setlist

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man same. but could you amagain craming steve harris, lemmy, ozzy and rob halford in to a room and just say, you guys figure out who headlines. it would be a drunken shit show

The only problem with that idea is that Sabbath will never ever play below headliner and neither will Maiden.

Also going back to the Megadeth thing, I would argue that Alice Cooper is a lot bigger than Megadeth yet he still supported Maiden just this year!

The only problem with that idea is that Sabbath will never ever play below headliner and neither will Maiden.

Also going back to the Megadeth thing, I would argue that Alice Cooper is a lot bigger than Megadeth yet he still supported Maiden just this year!
agreed!

British Big 4, I'd love the show but given the 'Big 4' shows already it sounds a bit... I dunno... gimmicky? If it was just a random "We thought we'd get some shit hot support bands!" rather than calling it "Big 4" I'd be happier ;)

Priest, Maiden, Motorhead... I could easily see doing it, although Motorhead are still a pretty huge band they aren't on the same level of attraction as Maiden (nor are Priest these days but I'd argue more than Motorhead) so I'd suspect Motorhead - Priest - Maiden in that order.

Sabbath? No. The albums are great and there's some phenomenal stuff, but given they couldn't even get their 'Reunion' (for the 13432th time) tour going, there's no chance. I also wouldn't want Sharon Osbourne anywhere near it.. and even if Ozzy somehow managed to stop being a mess, you won't get him near it without Sharon in tow.

Can't really think of any other British bands that are on the same scale AND similar time period to those 3. But maybe that's a good thing... bands on the same scale would want headline or longer set at minimum, so you'd be better off with a smaller one like Saxon ^^.

Hmm... counter thought, why British Big 4? The Big 4 is about Thrash not America... so why not just Big 4 heavy metal and bring Scorpions back out of retirement :p What's weird is Maiden is still the youngest band on the list >.>

Pretty sure Megadeth supported Priest just a few years back in the UK, so I think they could support Maiden. It ain't going to happen & I don't really go to see Maiden (or anyone else) to see the support act anyway.

I saw Megadeth opening for Maiden in 1999 (in Europe). I don't think Megadeth have become bigger since then.

Agreed Forostar. When they play in Scotland, it's always smaller venues, not the exhibition centre/arenas Maiden play. Was it a good show then when you saw them both in 1999? Don't know if you like Megadeth, but, admittedly, I'd love to see them support Maiden, since I'd go & see Megadeth play anyway.

I don't like Megadeth. I dislike the voice and character of Mr. Mustaine.

Maiden was excellent! Killers, Phantom, Powerslave.... excellent setlist and awesome to see them with H and Bruce again.

Oh dear; no so good then. Well, if you don't like the support act, one can always partake of a few beers, awaiting your favourite band. 1999: why on earth did I not go & see Maiden then? I really don't know...

British Big 4, I'd love the show but given the 'Big 4' shows already it sounds a bit... I dunno... gimmicky? If it was just a random "We thought we'd get some shit hot support bands!" rather than calling it "Big 4" I'd be happier ;)

Priest, Maiden, Motorhead... I could easily see doing it, although Motorhead are still a pretty huge band they aren't on the same level of attraction as Maiden (nor are Priest these days but I'd argue more than Motorhead) so I'd suspect Motorhead - Priest - Maiden in that order.

Sabbath? No. The albums are great and there's some phenomenal stuff, but given they couldn't even get their 'Reunion' (for the 13432th time) tour going, there's no chance. I also wouldn't want Sharon Osbourne anywhere near it.. and even if Ozzy somehow managed to stop being a mess, you won't get him near it without Sharon in tow.

Can't really think of any other British bands that are on the same scale AND similar time period to those 3. But maybe that's a good thing... bands on the same scale would want headline or longer set at minimum, so you'd be better off with a smaller one like Saxon ^^.

Hmm... counter thought, why British Big 4? The Big 4 is about Thrash not America... so why not just Big 4 heavy metal and bring Scorpions back out of retirement :p What's weird is Maiden is still the youngest band on the list >.>
ya theres a video somewhere of halford talking about how well the thrash metal big four did and that he would like to do one motorhead, priest, maiden, sabbath. and if not sabbath zepplin. ill try find the video

Halford is a huge Sabbath fan so I can understand him listing them in his 'wants', but even if they were properly reunited and touring... I'm sorry but I really don't see Ozzy working with it. Although I'm possibly edging towards Sharon being my biggest objection even still.

Halford is a huge Sabbath fan so I can understand him listing them in his 'wants', but even if they were properly reunited and touring... I'm sorry but I really don't see Ozzy working with it. Although I'm possibly edging towards Sharon being my biggest objection even still.
oh ya. this would be a life changing show but i think as some others has said the only way this could happen is if they where all at a festival.

i was just playing around with a x factor setlist. this is what i think they should have played back then
1.Judgement Day
2.Man On The Edge
3.2 Minutes To Midnight
4.The Trooper
5.Sing Of The Cross
6.Lord Of The Flies
7.Heaven Can Wait
8.Justice Of The Peace
9.Blood On The Wolrds Hands
10.The Number Of The Beast
11.Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12.Fortunes Of War
13.The Evil That Men Do
14.Fear Of The Dark
15.Iron Maiden

16.Hallowed Be Thy Name
17.The Clairvoyant
18.Sanctuary

If they Did a History tour 2000-2010 I'd Freak out.
0. Sat 15
1. Final Frontier
2. El Dorado
3. Brave New World
4. Dance of Death
5. Brighter than 1000 Suns
6. Isle of Avalon
7. No More Lies
8. Pashcendale
9. Talisman
10. Longest Day
11. Face in the Sand
12. Out of the Silent Planet
13. When the Wild wind Blows
14. Iron Maiden
--------
15. Blood Brothers
16. Legacy
17. The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

I don't think that's a possibility. History tours are addressed to new fans who became fans after Bruce and Adrian got back, so a best-of-the-21st-century-albums tour is pointless. Besides, if they are going to tour extensively, it would probably be after a new album.

Oh, yeah! That's for sure. I'd love to see a show consisting entirely of newer songs but I just don't see it happening.

1.Tailgunner
2.Lord Of The Flies
3.Lighting Strikes Twice
4.Futureal
5.Afrade To Shoot Strangers
6.Sing Of The Cross
7.Man On The Edge
8.Holy Smoke
9.Fortunes Of War
10.The Clansman
11.Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter
12.Fear Of The Dark