Dream of Mirrors

How good is Dream of Mirrors on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Here, you can read other visitors' comments on 'Dream Of Mirrors' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'dream Of Mirrors'

One of Maiden's best ever. This song is almost like an orgasm.

'dream Of Mirrors'

This is one of the standout tracks on the album. I really like the lyrics of the chorus, seems they had some pretty heavy nightmares. Also a great instrumental section in this song, so it doesn't become boring, which is a problem with some of their longer songs.

'dream Of Mirrors'

Dream of Mirrors is one of those songs which make my life worthy...... [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Serious now, I really love this song !

Perfect lyrics sung by a hyper emotional Bruce Dickinson. Did I say sung ? I am wrong. I should say ACT ! Bruce doesn´t sings, he acts the lyrics.

Layers and layers of guitars, bass and synths...........

A rocking drum line that almost sound like the heartbeat of the character in the song.

An excelent solo made by Mr Janick "Feelings" Gers. One of the best in all his carrer with Maiden

All of these packed with a great production.

What more can I ask ?

Also I love the live version on Rock in Rio. They made the impossible by making it more complex than the album version. I would point out the marvelous drum work which in this version can really smash all of your sadness.

A CLASSIC AFTER ALL !

Later these days I was imagining how it would be with Blaze´s vocals. I think it would be great too. Or mayber greater than Bruce´s version.

'dream Of Mirrors'

That intro does sort of annoy me a bit but overall I do think it's brilliant espcially the guitar work and the part where it picks up and Janick does that brilliant solo.

Re: 'Dream Of Mirrors'

The dream is true...

a simple quote but very often I recall of it

I interpret it like this : some moments when our feeling say to us to be aware of a given situation,
but our brain, our logic
says "oh it's cool -don't worry"

....time pass and I usually see that my feelings were true and not the logic -that time I recall the song :
usualy during difficult situations and not happy ones

by the time I've learned to trust my feelings at the first place, and that song helped me a little bit too to this direction

Excellent, rockin' song. Though I'm not keen on the live version on "Rock in Rio" for some reason - the chorus works live but on that CD the verses seem to stutter and amble along, whereas the original album version kicks ass.

Was wondering about the line "I only dream in black and white" - what's that about then?

Amazing song!  One of my favorites!  :D

I'm not sure on the song meaning...but I believe it's about deja vu.  The narrator of the song has "dreams" and comes to find that "the dream is true".  It might also be about someone going insane, I'm not sure.  That's my opinion on what the song is about.

As much as I love this song, i'm dissapointed that this was the "epic" from the album to be performed live instead of Nomad. 

I really love the lyrics for this song, and the whole thing is amazing, one of my faves off BNW.

Daily Song: Dream of Mirrors

Welcome to the Daily Vote Thread! Rules are here.

Remember, only a decent review will count towards the contest.

Today's song: Dream of Mirrors

Yesterday's song remains open for voting! You can find it here.

What's not to love with this song? It's the maturation of Janick as a songwriter, the first time he wrote something absolutely killer. Haunting, pain-filled lyrics more akin to something off The X Factor. Sure, a bit of a buildup, but the song starts by grabbing your shirt and shaking you. And the chorus, god. I only dream in black and white...

10/10. 11/10 if I could manage it.

Re: Daily Song: Dream of Mirrors

Truly a masterpiece of songwriting, nine minutes of Janick - love it or leave it. A song that has rocking moments and moments of lethargic consideration, including lyrics that leave me puzzling over their meaning eleven years on. In it's very own way, the build-up is only matched by Killers in intensity and atmosphere. The way the heavy guitars kick in is one of the most rewarding moments in the Maiden catalogue, to this point only matched by the instrumental section in Rime. The slow chorus is blinding, while I think it loses a bit of it's power when sung over the gallop. That however is counterbalanced by the "lost- in a dream of mirrors" section.
I have to mention an ounce of criticism, though- I think the intro ("Have you ever felt...") is not very fitting, and also quite poorly done. I can't put my finger on it, it just seems so pasted on for the sake of having a heavy intro. Completely unnecessary. All in all, a masterpiece with a few minor flaws, that however keep it from being a ten- it is, heartbreakingly, a 9/10.

Another glance into the troubled mind of 'Arry, combined with great music from Janick. Agree with Perun on the heavy intro, it feels a bit out of place. Also, the song uses quite a bit of time to build up, but it has one of the finest choruses in the entire catalogue.

The gallop section is great - must have been excruciating for Nicko to record. Four straight minutes of bass-drum galloping with one foot ... Great solo, and the guitar melody which is repeated several times during this section is also great. This part of the song is so much fun to play on guitar.

I think I'll agree with Perun on the score. 9/10.

Might be the toughest song for me rate so far. This song has a lot to offer, but it’s not one for the ADD crowd. It demands a lot of patience to fully appreciate. There are times when it comes on and I hit the fast-forward. But when I’m in the right mood…wow! It just builds so slowly and gradually by time you are full gallop mode you have no idea how you got there. Nine some days, seven others. So, for the poll, eight.

Best or second best off the album! Absolutely amazing, and I agree, one of the best things ever is when the heavy guitars kick in! Chorus is one of Maidens best. 10/10

Intro doesn't fit. It's nicely done on RiR because of Nicko's banging drum sound. Great song - however i'm not too fond of instrumental section. It's nice but not on par with the main part. 8

Back