Do you play guitar?

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
I recently read that guitar was the most popular instrument to play in the world. So I wanted to find out how many people on Maidenfans.com play it and how many of you play a different instrument. I play guitar, but what about you?

A

Anonymous

well im trying to lol im learning blood brothers and sorta playing dreams of mirror lol my 13 year old bro having to teach me lol! but yeah u could say i sorta play guitar [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. I answered "yes", though my main instrument is bass.

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 26 2004, 09:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 26 2004, 09:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. [/quote]
Oops! I never thought of that.

Lib

Ancient Mariner
Yes, I play guitar !!!

I think you're right, guitar is the most popular instrument to play in the world, for many reasons :

- Guitar allows you to play all music styles (jazz, reggae, country, flamenco or death metal). Not possible with a trombone !

- Guitar is a rythm instrument AND a lead instrument. So it's very complete.

- You don't need to know playing guitar and you can be famous with (look at Kurt Cobain [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

- You can easily sing while playing : try this whith a trombone !

- You can easily bang your head while playing : try this whith a trombone ! [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

- The phallic symbol is evident. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A

Anonymous

i play guitar (i'm pretty good for a 14 year old [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+May 27 2004, 11:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ May 27 2004, 11:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hmmm i could disagree i really think the pianio would be the most played instrument [/quote]
Put it this way:

Do you know more people who play guitar or piano?

A

Anonymous

I've played guitar for about a year and im better than a lot of people who have been playing for three years. I also play drums and bass but I dont have either.

A

Anonymous

i play leadguitar and i have for about 5yrs
i play every day for about 3-4 hours
i do play bass sometime though

Lib

Ancient Mariner
[!--QuoteBegin-tabor+May 27 2004, 11:56 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(tabor @ May 27 2004, 11:56 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] hmmm i could disagree i really think the pianio would be the most played instrument [/quote]
My opinion is that piano is the most studied instrument.

But I think that guitar is the most played (even by people who never have studied it [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--] )

A

Anonymous

Yeah i play guitar and have been doing that since i was 10 and i'm 13 now. [!--emo&:nana:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lambada.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lambada.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

dogigniter

Ancient Mariner
I've played for two years........... Today I get a lovely new Marshall 30W.. Which is good for me because I've been using a Watson Practice 15W!

I play a Westfield... And its not easy - the neck is made of plywood! But the action is good on it and I can play some good stuff now..

Learning: Where Eagles Dare, Rainmaker (almost got it!), No More Lies (except solo [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--])

A

Anonymous

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+May 26 2004, 09:59 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ May 26 2004, 09:59 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] You really should have included an "all of the above" option for people like me who play guitar, bass, keyboards and drums. I answered "yes", though my main instrument is bass. [/quote]
apart from the keys, same here [!--emo&^_^--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/happy.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'happy.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

StrangerInAStrangeLand

Ancient Mariner
Actually, I'm glad I didn't put that option up because then there's all of the people who play two or three of them so I would've had to put far too many options on it. The options other than the first are for people who don't own and play a guitar. The first can be for anyone who plays a different instrument more but also plays the guitar.

A

Anonymous

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] I play lead guitar, not that good but hey.
I've been playin 4 about 7 years now, and i'm only 13!

[attachment deleted by admin]

A

Anonymous

[!--QuoteBegin-Death_Dealer_+May 28 2004, 09:30 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Death_Dealer_ @ May 28 2004, 09:30 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] i play guitar (i'm pretty good for a 14 year old [!--emo&:lol:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/lol[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'lol[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--] ) [/quote]
yeah i play guitar [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Djaser

Trooper
Yes I play guitar and I also going to buy a bass. Am I good? I don't know because I've no-one to compaire my style to.