Do you have a segment you love in a song you dont?

Are there any Maiden songs you don't like but have short riffs or segment's you really love?

For example, I know you are not allowed to like Quest For Fire (sorry, I do lol) but 1:53 is simply :ok:

Are there any Maiden songs you don't like but have short riffs or segment's you really love?

For example, I know you are not allowed to like Quest For Fire (sorry, I do lol) but 1:53 is simply :ok:
I like Quest For Fire. I don't know why people have to take everything so seriously all the time.
I find every Maiden song that isn't up to scratch still has something I like about it,
Yeah. Maybe not Hooks in You and Weekend Warrior, but almost every song has something good in it. Often the guitar soloss.

Dave's solo in Chains of Misery is rather beautiful - and the only redeeming quality of Maiden's worst song by far.
I rather like Chains of Misery lol. I still think FOTD was Maiden's last attempt to gain US radio/commercial acceptance...

I love the guitar melodies in Fear is the Key -- most of the rest of the song is not very good.

On the flip side, aside from the ludicrous opening line (which is honestly no dumber than any post 70s Priest tune), Quest for Fire is a perfectly fine song.

The pre-instrumental bit and the instrumental itself in Fates Warning is great if un-Maidenish. The rest of the song is bland.

^ The whole build up to the solos is brilliant, that riff works much better there than it does in the intro.

"Gentlemen, start your engines!" *sweet whammy bar dives*

'The Apparition' I think in the middle of the song there is this little fast riff (might be a solo I don't remember , it's been a while since I heard that song) and honestly it's the highlight of IMO Maiden's worst song. The riff sounds like something off of 'Killers'.

In my opinion, the instrumental breaks in "The Duellists" and in "Quest For Fire" fail to make up for the rest of these fillers, but are still very enjoyable.

Dave's solo in Chains of Misery is rather beautiful - and the only redeeming quality of Maiden's worst song by far.

I think this song is miles ahead anything they did after FOTD album. But this is is just me I guess.

Back