Do you have a segment you love in a song you dont?

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by Maiden Voyages, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Maiden Voyages

Maiden Voyages Invader

Are there any Maiden songs you don't like but have short riffs or segment's you really love?

For example, I know you are not allowed to like Quest For Fire (sorry, I do lol) but 1:53 is simply :ok:

2. Iron Lurker

Iron Lurker Educated Fool

I love the beginning of The Assassin. I just wish they would have redone the chorus somehow.

Deus_Adrian likes this.
  3. Iron Lurker

I also like the instrumental part of Eyes of a Stranger.

4. Confeos

Confeos Game time started.

Dave's solo in Chains of Misery is rather beautiful - and the only redeeming quality of Maiden's worst song by far.

Shavasku, evil_ash and Iron Lurker like this.
  5. cnesbit

cnesbit Trooper

I love the guitar solos in Angel and the Gambler.

6. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I find every Maiden song that isn't up to scratch still has something I like about it,

7. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Not a very big fan of Prodigal son, but the guitar solo is very beautiful

8. Poto

Poto Ancient Mariner

I like Quest For Fire. I don't know why people have to take everything so seriously all the time.
    Yeah. Maybe not Hooks in You and Weekend Warrior, but almost every song has something good in it. Often the guitar soloss.

Maiden Voyages likes this.
  9. Iron Lurker

I rather like Chains of Misery lol. I still think FOTD was Maiden's last attempt to gain US radio/commercial acceptance...

10. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

Davey's first solo is beautiful, but I'd say his second solo doesn't live up to the hype.

11. Donner

Donner Ancient Mariner

I love the guitar melodies in Fear is the Key -- most of the rest of the song is not very good.

On the flip side, aside from the ludicrous opening line (which is honestly no dumber than any post 70s Priest tune), Quest for Fire is a perfectly fine song.

Confeos and Deus_Adrian like this.
  12. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

The pre-instrumental bit and the instrumental itself in Fates Warning is great if un-Maidenish. The rest of the song is bland.

SirRobbins likes this.
  13. evil_ash

evil_ash Trooper

Dave's solo in From Here to Eternity. Can't stand the song, but the solo is adrenaline-pumping.

frus and Edington like this.
  14. Edington

Edington More Than Two Problems

^ The whole build up to the solos is brilliant, that riff works much better there than it does in the intro.

"Gentlemen, start your engines!" *sweet whammy bar dives*

evil_ash likes this.
  15. Srogyy

Srogyy Ancient Mariner

Intro to Drifter. Great riff in a song I consider to be one of their worst (if not the worst).

Confeos likes this.
  16. EDthedamnHEAD

EDthedamnHEAD Not a prisoner, I'm a free man

'The Apparition' I think in the middle of the song there is this little fast riff (might be a solo I don't remember , it's been a while since I heard that song) and honestly it's the highlight of IMO Maiden's worst song. The riff sounds like something off of 'Killers'.

17. Lampwick 43

Lampwick 43 Barstool Warrior

The entire instrumental section of Weekend Warrior is surprisingly quite good. However it still isn't enough to save that joke of a song.

frus likes this.
  18. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

:nonono:

19. Black Bart

Black Bart Ancient Mariner

In my opinion, the instrumental breaks in "The Duellists" and in "Quest For Fire" fail to make up for the rest of these fillers, but are still very enjoyable.

20. Gk1

Gk1 Ancient Mariner

I think this song is miles ahead anything they did after FOTD album. But this is is just me I guess.