Do any albums starts with the best song and run in order until finishing with the worst song?

Discussion in 'Music Discussion' started by srfc, Jan 10, 2019.

1. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

I was listening to the first Boston album today and it struck me that if Rock n roll band had been the second last track then every track on the album would be in sequence from best to worst in my opinion.

Do any albums actually manage to pull off the sequence from best to worst, or vice versa?

2. frus

frus Barbed Wire Hen

Thick as a Brick!

GhostofCain and srfc like this.
  3. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

LOL

Final Frontier is I think the closest Maiden gets

4. frus

frus Barbed Wire Hen

Naah, Starblind is somewhere in the middle
    I got a slight feeling every maidenfan would have a different opinion on this ;)

5. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Sorry for The Final Frontier I meant the vice versa option of starting weak and getting better

for me TFF would be

MOM
    S15/TFF
    TMWBK
    ED
    The Alchemist
    CH
    Talisman
    IOA
    Starblind
    WTWWB

I think Maiden are fairly difficult for this as they usually start and finish albums strongly.

KidInTheDark666 and frus like this.
  6. Brigantium

Brigantium Grim Reaper Staff Member

I wouldn't agree that TFF gets worse as it runs, but I do agree the title track is the most lively while the last goes out with a whimper.

7. Sth2112

Sth2112 Nomad

Judas priest - Angel of retribution

8. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too

That's pretty close, but Angel and Hellrider are some of the best songs on the album.

Edington likes this.
  9. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Well, The X Factor could be the album of Maiden. It is a general consensus that the opener is one of the best 90s Maiden tracks and definitely the track of the record. Two popular tracks follow it, but they are less liked. The rest of the album is controversial if we take average opinion into account and the closing track has been repeatedly shunned, together with the track that precedes it.

So, if you're a kind of a person that doesn't like Blaze era or just the album, the description might fit.

srfc and KidInTheDark666 like this.
  10. srfc

srfc Ancient Mariner

Yes that wouldn't be my personal opinion but I can see that it fits. Also the riff that's a run through the open strings of a bass tuning up in the unbeliever is the worst part of the album (maybe even the worst part of Maiden! :eek:)

Jer likes this.
  11. The Flash

The Flash Dennis Wilcock did 9/11

It does act as a point of reference when I'm tuning up my bass guitar though so that's good :p

Edington likes this.
  12. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

[​IMG]

Palpy and Night Prowler like this.
  13. Spambot

Spambot Educated Fool

Most of the 1980's AC/DC albums (excluding Back in Black). Once you hear the title song, it's all downhill from there.