Deep dark secret

Perun said:
I don't know Journey...

Their later albums started having some weak songs, but everything up through Escape is great. If you're only going to get one Journey album, make it Escape ... then sit and listen to "Stone In Love" a few dozen times and marvel at the majesty of the closing section, while the opening section rocks hard enough to make you want to grow a mullet. (That's meant as a compliment here. I know it could be taken as an insult, but don't do that.)

SinisterMinisterX said:
Their later albums started having some weak songs, but everything up through Escape is great. If you're only going to get one Journey album, make it Escape ... then sit and listen to "Stone In Love" a few dozen times and marvel at the majesty of the closing section, while the opening section rocks hard enough to make you want to grow a mullet. (That's meant as a compliment here. I know it could be taken as an insult, but don't do that.)

you are a man that certainly knows. His music.

I have a Denim jacket with a Scorpion on the back from the mid 70's  :)

SinisterMinisterX said:

I agree completely!  Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but didn't Steve Perry leave after Escape?  I was thinking that was pretty much what spelled the end of their 'coolness'.  Stone In Love, Feelin' That Way, and Anytime are my 3 fav Journey songs.

Eclipse said:
you are a man that certainly knows. His music.

SMX has been a good guide for the (almost) four years I've been registered here. And therefore, I will take his recommendation to heart.

wasted155 said:
I agree completely!  Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but didn't Steve Perry leave after Escape?  I was thinking that was pretty much what spelled the end of their 'coolness'.  Stone In Love, Feelin' That Way, and Anytime are my 3 fav Journey songs.

Perry left after the Raised On Radio album, which was somewhere around 1987. He was also there for an earlier post-Escape album: Frontiers, from around 1982. (I'm not 100% sure on those years, as I'm going from memory instead of looking it up, but I'm sure I'm off by no more than one year at the most.)

What spoiled the end of their 'coolness' was two things...
1. The ridiculous video for the lead single from Frontiers, "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)". The song itself is great, but the video was just silly. It featured the band doing air guitar to their own song. Riiiiiiiiight.
2. The second single from Frontiers, "Faithfully". A sappy power ballad, lacking the simple charm and/or genuine emotion of earlier ballads like "Open Arms". After putting out this pile of goo, few rock fans could take them seriously any more.

Honestly, not just the song, but that whole album is pretty good :D "Cherokeeeee, walking on a trail of teaaaars!" LOL

Well,  I really like Linkin Park.  Not really a deep dark secret,  but from what I recall they're not really famous in here ;).

SneakySneaky said:
Well,  I really like Linkin Park.  Not really a deep dark secret,  but from what I recall they're not really famous in here ;).

They have their moments, but you're right, we don't take a liking to their kind 'roun her'

Wow, I'm starting to wonder if I should be an outcast... I like the Eagles, CCR, Mellenkapm, Limp Bizkt, Linkin Park, Emmenem, Kid Rock and even some of that 80's Michael Jackson...

Maybe I should list that under a thread titled "why i'm freaky"

wasted155 said:
Wow, I'm starting to wonder if I should be an outcast... I like the Eagles, CCR, Mellenkapm, Limp Bizkt, Linkin Park, Emmenem, Kid Rock and even some of that 80's Michael Jackson...

Maybe I should list that under a thread titled "why i'm freaky"

That would kick ass! we should start a coalition. while I am not a fan of either the Limp (except for like a couple of songs) and the Linkin, I feel thy pain that throbs on your right temple...

Back