Death Or Glory

How good is Death or Glory on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
This is one of the rare cases where the verses are best part of the song. I wish this song didn't have such a generic chorus. Still solid 9/10

This is the most classic Maiden sounding song on the album. Fantastic pre-chorus (which is better than the actual good chorus), the verses are one of Maiden's best, very good riff and twin-lead guitar harmony. Both solos are great (slide solo from Adrian... wow) and great drumming from Nicko too. I like the groove of the song a lot.

Aces High -> Tailgunner -> Death Or Glory .... evolution.

10/10

Last edited:
Disc 2 of the album opens with a cool drum / guitar piece that crashes into one of the coolest riffs Maiden have done in a long time. This leads straight to the first verse, and. holy. shit. is. it. incredible. My god! This song just completely takes the concept of a verse and annihilates it, it's that good. Bruce throws you right into the cockpit of a triplane and unleashes you into the aerial war zone like I've never heard another song do. The lyrics on the verses are incredibly vivid and I just really, really love it. On any other song, the pre-chorus and chorus would be weaker, but somehow they just keep going with the momentum the verses have built up. And the solos on here... goddamn, they're some of the best the band has done since who knows how long. This song is awesome, a successor to both "Aces High" and "Tailgunner" and a worthy one in every way. 10

Another great Maiden single (ok it didn't get a physical release but it would have if it had have been released 10 years earlier), I suspect we might hear this live again. Love the relentless rhythm section in this song, and it's good fun. Slide guitar solo is a touch of genius. 10/10

Another great Maiden single (ok it didn't get a physical release but it would have if it had have been released 10 years earlier), I suspect we might hear this live again. Love the relentless rhythm section in this song, and it's good fun. Slide guitar solo is a touch of genius. 10/10

Fantastic song! It would have definitely been a single in the 80s. 9/10

If you put a Maiden fan from 1984 in a Time Machine and showed them Death or Glory with no other context besides “this is what Maiden will sound like in 30 years,” I think that fan would believe it. Basically an 80s rocker made by a bunch of old guys. I’m glad they do more than this, but I also really enjoy the song for what it is. Great energy and riffing throughout and probably the best solo trade off on the album. The playfulness of the bass really satisfies the craving for more of Harris’ lead bass playing which has been a bit absent in the reunion era. Fantastic lyric from Bruce. I think the tempo is a bit slow and like I said you can definitely feel their age, but it’s still infectious. 7

Back